Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
copper.jpg

That's a great idea!

An online anagram generator for my name gave me "Drained and Wavy"

Perfect! :drunk:

There's an ancient thread where some of the old timers started pulling names from one of those online anagram tools. There are some pretty good ones in there.

I'm going to see if I can dig it up.

This is a very rough first draft of an idea. I love beer that goes with the season, but you have to brew practically on the eve of the season to have it ready mid season. (Yeah, I said "season" three times in that sentence)

So, my name? Season's Eve Brewing Co. And here is that rough draft logo..
4641709_e886_625x625.jpg

The Yodeling Goat

Fiance and I finally decided on one. We will be putting this on glasses for our wedding. We are using 1 liter mugs as flower vases for the table center pieces.

I haven't decided on one, but have a few candidates:

- Creed Ale House & Brewing Co. (my last name and somehow I found a clock that says this on Amazon.com)
- Vail Brewing Co. (Town where I live)
- Copper Mesa Brewing Co. (my street)
- Inglaterra Brewing Co. (Spanish for "England" because I am less than an hour north of the border and am a big fan of British beer)

Thoughts?

The Secretion Brewery. Named after a good friend I used to work construction with. Digging holes in the hot summer sun he tended to sweat quite a bit....and the name was born.

Mine is Nevada Street Bucket Brewing.

The three of us who brew live in Northern Nevada, I live in Carson City and another lives in Reno. We both live on Nevada Street in our respective cities. Also, we eventually plan to make Nevada type flavors. So Sagebrush Porters and things like that.

I have a logo, it's my profile picture.

I haven't chosen a final name yet but here are my top two.

Charlie Foxtrot Brewing is my favorite because more times than not, my brewing sessions are a little eff-ed up. I'm not sure how common this reference to "cluster-f#%k" is though. Charlie Foxtrot Cluster IPA, anyone?

Wandering Geographer. SWMBO's nickname for me since I am a geographer who routinely gets lost. I think I like it more for a winery than for a brewery. Luckily, I do both.

Any thoughts?

I live on Gaylord St. My neighbor (she's lived on the street 40 years) said they used to call it "Happy Jesus" street.

Would anyone find "Happy Jesus Street Brewing Co." offensive? lol.

I live on Gaylord St. My neighbor (she's lived on the street 40 years) said they used to call it "Happy Jesus" street.

Would anyone find "Happy Jesus Street Brewing Co." offensive? lol.

You could probably take "street" out and it would be more clever. We know Jesus drank alcohol so it shouldn't be offensive.

Providence Crossing Meadery.

After purchasing my condo, it occured to me that people don't name their homes anymore like in olden times. Of course back then people normally named vast estates and plantations, not 1 bedroom condos. Undeterred, I tried to come up with the most rediculous thing to name my tiny piece of the American dream, and came up with "Providence Crossing" :)

Thought about very little to be honest, but had some passing ideas...

Bad Attitude Brewing Company (as fresh-outs some coworkers and I were labeled as having a bad attitude by our managers... they now work for us or are out of the industry)

Randar's Basement Brewery (self explanatory)

Crossroads Craft Brewery (I want to come up with some good blues-based names... huge fan of the blues but haven't spent any time thinking of it yet).

Hoochie Coochie Blues Brewery

5 Fools Brewing Co. - I have a wife and 3 kids

The wife and daughter designed a logo and made me a t-shirt last Christmas. I wear it whenever I brew.

Blue Horse Brewery

It's named after swmbo's horse, Blue, whom she calls Blue Horse. I thought the name sounded cool, plus I thought if I used her horse's name she would be more likely to support me!

Randar, what if you found a blues song, ie Hoochie Coochie Blues, and replaced the Blues with Brews, ie Hoochie Coochie Brews. This is what I have though about doing but I don't know what song to go with, so I thought I would pass the idea along too.

Randar, what if you found a blues song, ie Hoochie Coochie Blues, and replaced the Blues with Brews, ie Hoochie Coochie Brews. This is what I have though about doing but I don't know what song to go with, so I thought I would pass the idea along too.

Damn right I've got the Brews!

Good idea, BTW and one that I played with a little. Same as you I just haven't found one that works for me yet.

One that I have thought about using is Traveling Riverside Brews, but I don't live by a river so it doesn't make much sense.

I've been thinking about something like "Landlocked Island Brewing Co" since I was born and grew up on an island, but twenty five years later, I'm living in Kansas. My fiancé is shaking her head no right now...I'll work on that it a bit more.

I've been thinking about something like "Landlocked Island Brewing Co" since I was born and grew up on an island, but twenty five years later, I'm living in Kansas. My fiancé is shaking her head no right now...I'll work on that it a bit more.

You don't get much more landlocked than Kansas. Try "Landlocked Islander Brewing". It sounds more descriptive. Your logo could be a shipwreck in downtown Topeka.

Providence Crossing Meadery.

After purchasing my condo, it occurred to me that people don't name their homes anymore like in olden times. Of course back then people normally named vast estates and plantations, not 1 bedroom condos. Undeterred, I tried to come up with the most ridiculous thing to name my tiny piece of the American dream, and came up with "Providence Crossing" :)

I like it! A few years ago we bought a house on Lake Grove Street. The house is pretty big but from the outside it looks like nothing more than a cottage so my wife dubbed it The Lake Grove Cottage and I used that as the name of my winery.

When I started making mead I decided to brand it different. Something old world celtic. I have felt this almost spiritual connection with dragons since I was a kid so I went with Dragon's Lair. Last year I decided to go commercial so I built a winery in the basement. To simplify I dropped the Lake Grave Cottage name and modified the meadery name to Dragon's Lair Country Wines & Meads. We started referring to the the winery as The Lair.

Last month I built a new wood fence around the backyard. I topped it with a trellis so my wife can plant some wisteria. At the gate I raised the trellis to give some added clearance and depth. I am looking for a dragon carving to hang above the gate which I have named Dragon's Gate. We now refer to the winery as The Lair at Dragon's Gate.

I am with you. I think it's cool when people name their houses. We still call the house The Lake Grove Cottage.

You don't get much more landlocked than Kansas. Try "Landlocked Islander Brewing". It sounds more descriptive. Your logo could be a shipwreck in downtown Topeka.
LOL Sweet idea. I'd never thought about that. I was thinking about a clump of land with two trees in a wheat field or something. Like your idea too.

I used to live just outside of Topeka, I think the idea of a shipwreck in downtown is kinda whimsical, a bit Oz-esque, I love the idea.

Either Torch Brewing Company, or The Torch Brewing Company.

Name of the place where I met my SWMBO. Which one sounds better?

Either Torch Brewing Company, or The Torch Brewing Company.

Name of the place where I met my SWMBO. Which one sounds better?

How bout the "Igniting Torch Brewing Co." or "Flaming Torch"

Since that was where your relationship was ignited.... Just an idea

I started the site myself, a place for me to review craft beer, microbreweries, pubs, etc. and it grew into us starting to home brew. We used the name of the site for our "brewery" and it all stems from our Passion for the beer we drink & make.

Passion Beer Brewing Company - I've got some labels in the Labels forum, too with another variation of our logo used.

passion-logo-cropped.jpg

passion-vimeo.png

Useless tidbit: Tritoch is a localization, and that the proper name is Valigarmanda. It's this way in all but the earliest localizations. Just in case you want a more obscure reference :p

You going to name one of your brews "Starstorm Pale Ale"?

Or Belgian Triple Tech?? Could do a whole series named after different tech combos. Double Triple ect...

Sorry, I just realized you guys replied to my post from awhile back. Just wanted to say thanks.

@bernerbrau... I did know about the Valigarmanda thing, but Tritoch sounds so cool to me. ;)

You guys get +10 Coolness for knowing the games I was referencing. I'll definitely use those names for brews. Thanks guys. :mug:

When my brother and I laugh about things that would normally make people mad we always shake our fists at the sky and say, "Why me god?!" Angry Fist. :)

As long as I can remember, I've been a fan of the majestic looking bird the Bald Eagle (I am American, and yes I know it's a carrion eater ;) ), so when I sitting down to name my little slice of brew heaven it had to deal with the Eagle. Then to geek it up a bit and as I currently work in the space industry, I decided all brews shall be named for astronomical items of interest (e.g. Solar Orange Ale, Milky Way Coffee Cream Stout). Hence was born the Eagle Space Brewery. Any thoughts are appreciated.

-- SpaceBrew

P.S. For those that are interested, I've created tap handles (cheap cone style handles) for my last six brews which can be seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/SirKarlDiesalot/Finished_Labels?authkey=Gv1sRgCMecnuSb_t-1eQ&feat=directlink.

I've been back and forth with several brewery name ideas. Here's another I came up with last night while playing FF I again (big fan of the series):

angrymage3.jpg

Dick's Manfish Brewing... I jokingly named it after 2 friends, Richard and Mahesh (who people call Manfish). Because of a Dick's Brewing Co. 30 minutes south of us, we'll probably end up just going with "Manfish Brewing"... but for now, it's Dick's Manfish Brewing... at least that's what my hat says :)

www.dicksmanfish.com :)

Back