Kegarator...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcto

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows a european kegarator seller that would do one plus all equipment (taps, pipes a keg) for about $400?

They all seem very expensive for what essentially is a fridge with a hole drilled in it.

Just wondering if anyone knows a european kegarator seller that would do one plus all equipment (taps, pipes a keg) for about $400?

They all seem very expensive for what essentially is a fridge with a hole drilled in it.

buy a cheap used fridge and drill a hole in it. in the states, we have a dirt cheap one at Home Depot that can be modified for homebrew kegs for less than $400

Yeah im a bit far from the states mate :p

We dont really have anything as cheap as a home depot over here so even a small fridge would cost a fair bit, then theirs the keg and lines and a tap and co2......bah!, i hate bottle washing :D

commercial kegerators, you're just paying for someone to do the work for you. that's why $200 in parts and a fridge goes for $400.

well that and the fact that mis-drilling the fridge (hitting the freon line) gives you a useless box with a door that won't get cold anymore.

if you are 'handy' you can build your own, cheap.

What would you spend on the lines, tap, co2 and a keg? I presume there is no vast quality difference in taps etc ( i really dont know any brands )

Back