end of the world brew? what are you drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whad23

Reaction score
first I apologize if there is a previous thread, I did a search and could not find one . So there is talk of the 12-21-2012 and despite any personal belief I thought it may be fun to hear if anyone made any awesome end of days drinks or have a favorite they plan to kick back with Friday.
I'll start. I will be drinking "Cafe MolE Muerto" a coffee and ancho infused chocolate stout with a bit of habanero for kick.

I'll be chillin' with whatever I can find at the Spec's in North Houston. I'm flying in on the 20th so I'll have approximately a day to pick out my EOW beers.

I have seen several posts on this topic and I find it greatly entertaining and I might brew a batch in the days commemoration. But, I must point out that (anyone who knows better, please speak up) we go by the Roman calender, not the Mayan. And according to the Mayan calender, July 25th was "the day out of time", or the last/first day of 2013; so we, according to the Mayan's have past the "end of days" a while ago and have already been in the year 2013 for some time. So if the world was going to end, according to them, it should have ended already. But hey, here's to the end of the world anyways! Drink up that homebrew!

You better be right because all I could think about during the last few apocalypses and raptures was if i can have one more beer what will it be? I still have no answer... this is all just for laughs ! but if you were to brew one last batch ?

You better be right because all I could think about during the last few apocalypses and raptures was if i can have one more beer what will it be? I still have no answer... this is all just for laughs ! but if you were to brew one last batch ?

lol. Me neither. It would take me until the next apocalypse to decide on that one. Something hoppy for me :)

I have seen several posts on this topic and I find it greatly entertaining and I might brew a batch in the days commemoration. But, I must point out that (anyone who knows better, please speak up) we go by the Roman calender, not the Mayan. And according to the Mayan calender, July 25th was "the day out of time", or the last/first day of 2013; so we, according to the Mayan's have past the "end of days" a while ago and have already been in the year 2013 for some time. So if the world was going to end, according to them, it should have ended already. But hey, here's to the end of the world anyways! Drink up that homebrew!

Party pooper .
.:mug:

CBMbrewer said:

AND the Mayans didnt account for leap year, which I believe made the world end in April, which ironically is when my San Jose Sharks were booted from the playoffs. Coincidence? Nope.

While I don't believe the world will end anytime soon:), if it does I have my Pre-pro American Pilsner, which will be out of the fermenter, and in the lager tank on friday this week. I'm also brewing my house Pale ale on thurs., and I have an entire batch of My spiced Coffee and Cream Christmas Stout, in bottles, that I was going to give out, but.....;)

Don't know right now, but I'm having a Mayan New Year's party celebrating Baktun 13. Only comes once every 1,872,000 days!

It is the day after my birthday, so if I don't get lots of cool presents; I may be the harbinger of doom. So get those packages coming, people!

And I will probably pop the top on another of my Trois Pistole clones that are still too young but very good.

Latest posts

Back