Coopers LME.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if coopers lager LME is pre hopped or not,as I was thinking of turboing it up with some hops/pellets and DME.

Since it's from Cooper's Original Series (I refer to them as OS),it's got bittering only with Pride of Ringwood hops. Add a 3lb bag of plain DME & at least 2oz of two different hops & you got some tasty beer. I use the OS lager can as a base in my recipes. Besides other Cooper's cans.
Anyway,using a 3lb bag of Munton's plain DME with a Cooper's OS lager can can produce a nice base for PA/APA/IPA ales depending on what hop schedule you use. It gives a nice,clear amber orange color simular to DFH.

I do partial boils of 2.5-3 gallons,regardles of all extract or partial mash. I put 1.5lb out of a 3lb bag of Munton's plain light DME in the boil for the hop additions. Typically one ounce of A hop at 20 minutes,one ounce of B hop at 10 minutes left. Then at flame out,add the remaining 1.5lb of the DME & the Cooper's can,stirring to completely incorporate. Cover & steep for 15 minutes to pasteurize. Since the boiled wort is still at least 180F,& pasteurization happens at about 162F,it'll be fine.
Then chill down to pitch temp in 20 minutes or less,& you'll get little or no chill haze come fridge time.

Back