Anyone familiar with a fridge like this one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergolf

Reaction score
I just picked up this fridge for free and was wondering if anyone is familiar with them. It is a Habco fridge.

My wife has decided that stouts on nitro are her favorite brews and told me to go get all the stuff I need to keep some stout on nitro for her.

In looking at the fridge it seems that the compressor and all the stuff is at the top. I just was wondering if the side walls have any lines running through them. I am guessing not because they are pretty thin and the cool air comes from the top. But before I start drilling into the side to put the stout faucet I wanted to make sure.

I do keep a black panel over the door to prevent light from hitting the beer. I just took it off for the pic.

fridge.jpg

"My wife has decided that stouts on nitro are her favorite brews and told me to go get all the stuff I need to keep some stout on nitro for her."

Funny how it works this way, huh!? :D Every time I come home with a package or UPS drops one off at the door I get the "you bought more beer making crap" look from SWMBO :D She actually does not mind it, it's more of a "gawd! what else could you possibly need to make beer?" kind of attitude :D

Then I made a chocolate cherry stout, *for her* and all of a sudden she became interested in how to make it easier, closer and *prettier* to have it around the house, hahahaha :D

Back to the coolant lines...

Use the starch mixiture trick to see where the lines are in the sides/top/back, see this post.

I'm so jealous of you guys with SWMBO's that like beer. Mine won't drink anything carbonated, period. She doesn't mind some of the beers warm, before its carbonated, but where's the fun in that?

I'm so jealous of you guys with SWMBO's that like beer. Mine won't drink anything carbonated, period. She doesn't mind some of the beers warm, before its carbonated, but where's the fun in that?

Consider yourself lucky. You've never come home from a business trip, Jonesing for a pint of something, only to find that SWMBO emptied the keg while you were away. :(

Consider yourself lucky. You've never come home from a business trip, Jonesing for a pint of something, only to find that SWMBO emptied the keg while you were away. :(

i think i'd be okay with that. would give me an excuse to make something new!
i agree with BeardedIdiot.

I am lucky. My wife likes an occasional beer, but is a cheap date. Two and she is toast. She just enjoys a good brew but in small quantities. If the keg was emptied while I was away I would know that she had help......

Hey, you've only been married a year. Is it too late to find another SWMBO? :cross:

Here is an update in case anyone finds one of these.

I emailed Habco and they confirmed that there are no cooling lines in the side of the case.

Now my weekend project is to install the Nitro set up I just got along with a regular C02 tap. mmmmm beer.

Latest posts

Back