• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - SS Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeernuT100

Reaction score
Within the next week I will be pulling the trigger on 1 of the 2 different SS Conicals that are currently being offered on Ebay. I am leaning towards the one that has the thermo built in.

I wanted to give the HBT community first dibs to my money though. I only brew 5 gallon batches and have no plans to do anymore than that. So a 7g fermenter would be sufficient. It looks like with shipping I would be right at the 240 range so I don't really want to spend more then that if I can help it.

Cheers!
-bn

Aye, good price and would probably do the job, however I want to go with SS this time around.

-bn

Is that the buy it now 7.2 one? I think the difference between that and the 7.3 one is that the dump valve is smaller (1/2" vs 3/4"), and the 7.3 has the tri-clamp fittings. Not sure if those are considerations for you.

http://conical-fermenter.com/

They are awesome. Great to work with and very helpful and friendly. A friend of mine is yapping with them about some custom equipment and I'm getn the 14.5 gallon fermenter as soon as its available.

Recommend them HIGHLY. Plus they have killer prices.

Yea they are the ones selling the 7.3 on eBay. Looks nice, but I believe the cheaper one will work just as good. However, I was really just asking if anyone had a conical for sale before I spent my money elsewhere. Just trying to help out my fellow members.

Cheers
-bn

I'll throw my hat in there too. If anyone has a 14 gallon conical...

I have a blichman 14.5 gallon that I picked up from a guy who had never used it and I still havent used it.. has all the parts unused except for some reason the guy I got it from couldnt find the pressure relief piston, but Id imagine that wouldnt be too expensive to pick up.. At any rate Im open to offers since I've had it for a few months and still never used it. still just learning. Thanks!

-Josh

Im actually getting the 14G Stout version in April...I spoke with John a few days ago and he was supremely helpful and super nice...Im thinking drop shipped w/ thermo for about 5 bills...Cannot wait...Ill post info and coments when I have it and its up in use...

Back