Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading this thread, I also wanted to come up with a good brewery name... what a blast reading through all the stories in here.. but there is a pretty high bar set with a lot of the names.

I figured i would try out a name and see what you guys thought.. came up with Urban Arc Brewing Co.

My and my wife's families have always called our house "Noah's Arc" because we have always had a lot of pets.. at various times ferrets, birds, dogs, cats, rabbits, guinnea pigs, gerbils, chickens and hampsters.. when most of our friends hear the list they ask if we live on a ffarm... but our house is actually about 1/3 of an acre in the downtown area of a small city... which is where the Urban comes from

Whatcha think?

Very cool! except - did you purposely spell Arc with a "c" here? This type of ark as in Noah's ark is usually with a "k". Not trying to be a smart ass, just wanted to mention it before you order all of your company merchandise :D.

Very cool! except - did you purposely spell Arc with a "c" here? This type of ark as in Noah's ark is usually with a "k". Not trying to be a smart ass, just wanted to mention it before you order all of your company merchandise :D.

Awkward ;) :mug: But yeah, you're right. Hope he didn't have anything printed up!!

Oter said:
Depends on where you are. Plenty of mountains like that in Northern AZ and NM.

WHEREVER it is, it ain't Lakewood, NJ.

no Hasidem walking on the road gave you away......

After much indecision I've settled on Sky Painter Brewing.

Reason being, I shoot professional pyrotechnics as a part time (fun) gig....

Crawl Space Brewing

When i first started off with mr. beer kits i found myself storing them in the crawlspace in the basement (which happens to be my room lol) after they were carbed. Always kept a nice 45-60* year round and figured it would be a great place to celler commerical brew also.

After almost 2 years of brewing and multiple batches of apfelwine (obsessed for a short period) i have around 8-10 cases of various homebrew aging down there along with 20-30 bombers of commerical brew.
Lets just say I now use an auto creeper to move around down there now....plus i always thought it was a smooth name that rolled off the tounge.

Black Cloud Brewing Co.

My boss gave me the nick name Black Cloud because there seems to be a black cloud that follows me around everywhere. If it can go wrong, it will. Always. So I decided to embrace it.

BlackCloudBrC70a-A00aT01a-Z_mdm.jpg

Thanks for the catch. I was posting on my phone and it auto corrected. It is supposed to be ark. Thanks ;)

No merchandise ordered yet. Maybe soon though.

Mine's called Back Office Brewery / Winery. I am in IT and Micro$oft products are Front office (Word, Excel, etc) and Back Office (SQL, Exchange, IIS). I have been doing Back Office work for a long time and I like it (even though I use Linux for personal use). Also the office in my house is the most temperature controlled because I spend the most time there. It is also where my fermenters are bubbling away at. Haven't got around to a label yet, but it will probably be geeky and no one will get it.

My first wine is for my GF who is Armenian and my first initial is V {it is also an Australian juice, hence the boomerang V}.
R01Printed_zps6979df74.jpg

StoneShire Brewery

My wife actually helped me get into homebrew and came up with the name. Really simple. My last name plus part of her maiden name. Has a nice ring to it I think.

Kstone89 said:
StoneShire Brewery

My wife actually helped me get into homebrew and came up with the name. Really simple. My last name plus part of her maiden name. Has a nice ring to it I think.

image-4182601494.jpg

My first labeled brew

I'm calling mine Fun Rock Brewing Co.
It's named after this very large oblong rock that is perched over a tributary creek to Kern River. When I was in my early 20's my friends and I would make a pilgrimage to this beautiful spot off the beaten path of Kern River. We would spend a week out there with no phones (cell phones were just coming around), no girlfriends, and no responsibilities. We all hung out atop what we dubbed the "Fun Rock" at night and drank to the point we could hardly make it back across the creek. Many of us wouldn't see each other during the year, but without fail, we all met for that week to catch up with one another.
We are all married with kids now and no longer have the no responsibility luxury. So, for me it harkens back to a time of innocence and carelessness that I will never forget.

I also make my house cream ale for my uninitiated guests called Tributary Ale. I named it after the Fun Rock tributary creek for 2 reasons...

1. The tributary that feeds the larger Kern River where we camped.
2. A gateway beer for bigger/better beers.

That's my story...

Well being from hawaii I been telling friends 5-0 brewing. 5-0 being 50, 50th state hawaii. That's has been sticking for the last few months. All I need to do is find a label maker.

I have been a video game enthusiast my whole life, and now I'm pretty obsessed with home brewing. I have been naming my beers by paying homage to the games I've always loved, and thought I should call my "brewery" something that relates to that. I think I have settled on 99-Lives Brewing, or 99-Lives Brewporium. (Was originally thinking about 1-up Brewing, but I think I'm liking 99-Lives better). So far I've only brewed 4 batches, 2 of which are the same (once a partial grain, then an all grain). That one is my current "flagship", the Rye-U Hadoken Pale Ale (rye pale ale). The Black Omen Oatmeal Stout (Chrono Trigger reference) is going to be bottled soon. I have also done a nameless Smoked Porter, unsure if I'll do that one again. In the works is a recipe for my Hyrule Original Rupee Red Ale.

I have been a video game enthusiast my whole life, and now I'm pretty obsessed with home brewing. I have been naming my beers by paying homage to the games I've always loved, and thought I should call my "brewery" something that relates to that. I think I have settled on 99-Lives Brewing, or 99-Lives Brewporium. (Was originally thinking about 1-up Brewing, but I think I'm liking 99-Lives better). So far I've only brewed 4 batches, 2 of which are the same (once a partial grain, then an all grain). That one is my current "flagship", the Rye-U Hadoken Pale Ale (rye pale ale). The Black Omen Oatmeal Stout (Chrono Trigger reference) is going to be bottled soon. I have also done a nameless Smoked Porter, unsure if I'll do that one again. In the works is a recipe for my Hyrule Original Rupee Red Ale.

Haha, I love it. :D

I live in Watervliet NY, and the Watervliet Arsenal is located here. It has continuously produced artillery and ammunition for the US Millitary since 1813. Its a HUGE facillity, and they produce really cool things. They've produced everything from cannonballs to the immense 17" guns on WWII battleships.

We call the city the "Arsenal City" and I think it's got a cool ring to it. Hence, "Arsenal City Brewing".

Also, it will let me make cool labels with cannons and stuff. Who doesn't like cannons and stuff?

my dad was artillery officer, stationed at Rock Island Arsenal, IL & Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, but never Watervliet

I'm originally from the quad city area, obviously (to us) the rock island area. I think that's pretty rad to see someone else on this forum from my old stomping grounds.

To the man who is using Arsenal City, that is indeed a pretty bad ass name. :rockin:

my dad was artillery officer, stationed at Rock Island Arsenal, IL & Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, but never Watervliet

To be honest, if you were here 10 years ago you wouldn't be missing anything. The area has really picked up its craft brew/home brew scene recently.

Apparently Arsenal City Brewing passed it's first public opinion test! Now I just need to work on a logo!

I'm originally from the quad city area, obviously (to us) the rock island area. I think that's pretty rad to see someone else on this forum from my old stomping grounds.

To the man who is using Arsenal City, that is indeed a pretty bad ass name. :rockin:

bused to Moline schools. apparently, the bridge from the arsenal into Moline couldn't handle the weight of a school bus, so we would cross the river into and through RI into Moline. When they closed that bridge for repairs, it was cross the other way into Davenport, through Bettendorf and back over into Moline.

whew

I was 13 or 14, so Wilson Jr. High, sister 2 years older went to Moline HS.

I made it through about the first 8 pages of this thread. Pretty Interesting/entertaining stuff.

My call sign at work is Motor 30. As a joke, I put a label on the bottles of Pumpkin Spice Porter I gave away for Christmas. The beer was from Motor Thirty Brewing. So far, that's the best I got.

My brother has suggested a new name: Dancing Monk Brewery. He claims the old one (Barefoot Friar) reminds him "of piously unwashed feet". We're going to try it out awhile and see if it sticks.

My brother has suggested a new name: Dancing Monk Brewery. He claims the old one (Barefoot Friar) reminds him "of piously unwashed feet". We're going to try it out awhile and see if it sticks.

either one is good, I think I like Barefoot Friar a little better.

for something that ain't legal yet, where you are?

I call mine "The Green forest brewery" after my street im also calling my new brew "moonshine Mikes IPA" my new nickname from the wife!

I coined Stangebraeu. There is a brewery in Switzerland called Hirnibraeu, and it's run by a talented guy who has won Zurich's best beer 4 years ago. "Stange" (pronounced shhtannge- soft "a" soft "g") is how you order a beer in Zurich. After getting the OK from him to do so, I came up with Stangebraeu. His stuff is still WAY better than what I produce. www.hirnibraeu.ch

I live on the corner of Beaver and Butz (no kidding!) I going to open a liquor store on Beaver called Beaver Liquors. I am also going to have a liquor store on Butz called Butz Liquors but it's around back.

either one is good, I think I like Barefoot Friar a little better.

for something that ain't legal yet, where you are?

We're thinking ahead. :D

Actually, we have a long-term goal of actually opening a brew pub someday. So we're having fun learning what we can and generally messing around with it. It think he'll end up working for a brewery before it's all said and done. And if I were to stop doing what I'm doing, I'd probably go looking for a job at one, too.

I live on the corner of Beaver and Butz (no kidding!) I going to open a liquor store on Beaver called Beaver Liquors. I am also going to have a liquor store on Butz called Butz Liquors but it's around back.

There is a Beaver Liquors is already located in Avon, CO (not far from the Beaver Creek Ski Resort). They do a very good business selling T-Shirts, Hats, bumper stickers, condoms, etc. along with liquor to the tourists that stop by to get their picture taken on their way to the ski resorts in and around Vail, CO.

Batter Up Brews - Huge baseball fan and think it provides a good theme for my brew names, like my bottle conditioning Fall Classic Amber, fermenting Perfect Game Porter and in the works Tripel Play Belgian.

Logo:
batter-up-brews-58248.png

In Massachusetts, there's a liquor store called Bunghole Liquors.

Latest posts

Back