You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get in a fight with you wife becuse the tea set she bought for your daughter is not food grade.

sweetcell said:
i've just converted. too bad my children will never be considered truly brewish...

They can be converted too. Just monitor the pH and don't overshoot your strike temp. The tincture of iodine test will tell you when they are converted. Don't mash them for longer than you need to.

MikeM said:
When filling out your facebook profile you enter "Brewish" for religion.

Would the proper name of that religion be "Brewdaism" ? Because I would love to help establish that idea... Considering I am ordained and all.

Would the proper name of that religion be "Brewdaism" ? Because I would love to help establish that idea... Considering I am ordained and all.

How about the Church of Fermentology? We could hand out pamphlets. :ban:

On another note...
Back on topic.

When you trim back your beard, because you don't think you're worthy as you havn't brewing as often as you think you should.

You have widgets on your Android device that list your brewing needs and hop inventory.

2012-09-27_09-47-30.jpg

When you drive the car to work Instead of the truck to save money for more fermenters and brew kits.(The truck is so much more fun to drive though). When half your fridge in your apartment contains 2 kegs and a co2 tank. When you die a little inside when someone asks if your brew tastes like Natty (toilet water brew for cheap college students)

When you have started kegging and you end up hauling a pickup truck load of bottles to the recycling center.

When you brew in the basement and wait eagerly for your dog to start growling at the floor register. A sure sign that primary has begun.

BrewWhat said:
When you have started kegging and you end up hauling a pickup truck load of bottles to the recycling center.

I just did this this week. What a great feeling!

When your a guy who mops the floor, after bottling, to avoid the wrath of swimbo.

When you try, and fail, to convince your SWMBO how awesome it was getting a ton of grolsch bottles at a dollar/bottle.

neko said:
You play Words With Friends and are surprised when they don't accept "Trub" "Krausen" "Vorlauf" and other German brewing words.

Ha. I was furious about this. I could have played Brix to win.

When you wonder if converting swmbo to liking craft beer was a good decision because that's less beer for you

Not for me,I liked sharing with her. She even started brewing with a recipe I designed for her. But now she'ws a type one diabetic,so that's gone. Damn...:(

If your oatmeal is too hot you immerse it in sink full of ice water to chill it rapidly.

You know you're a home brewer when you mount a LCD monitor on the wall of your shed so you have better image when watching a movie during brewing :)

527271346_347724585318915.jpg

When you wake up from a dead sleep with the epiphany of what you need to do to fix a piece of stubborn brewing equipment. And then you go do it at 1AM.

When your SWMBO's father passes away, and one of the first things that passes through your mind is designing a brew to tribute his life...

When you're trying to fit in bottling in between feedings for your 10 day old twins!

I hear ya and congrats!!! My twins are just over a month old, though it's their 2.5 year old brother that is the real brewing obstacle... :mug:

Back