Punk Brewery in Scotland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
I am here in Edinburgh for my Dads funeral. Had a few pints after the ceremony and happend upon Brewdog Brewery beers on draft in a puba in the grassmarket/cowgate area. I had a pint of their Punk IPA, then Hardcore IPA, then My Miagi stout. Unbelievable! These IPAs are far far better than I have ever had on the states, more aromatic bigger hops, wonderful aroma. The Miagi Stout is a bitter hoppy stout with wasabi (apparently) and by far the nicest stout I have ever had. Yeah Scotland! I'm moving back!!!

FWIW and YMMV,
Steve da sleeve

How in the world did you get to Scotland from Beetleguese? That's a few light years from here,easy! And you came all the way here for a few pints? Now that's a real beer lover!! :D

Condolences on the loss of your father. Nothing like a good beer to help in situations like these.

I am here in Edinburgh for my Dads funeral. Had a few pints after the ceremony and happend upon Brewdog Brewery beers on draft in a puba in the grassmarket/cowgate area. I had a pint of their Punk IPA, then Hardcore IPA, then My Miagi stout. Unbelievable! These IPAs are far far better than I have ever had on the states, more aromatic bigger hops, wonderful aroma. The Miagi Stout is a bitter hoppy stout with wasabi (apparently) and by far the nicest stout I have ever had. Yeah Scotland! I'm moving back!!!

FWIW and YMMV,
Steve da sleeve

Get down to Crombies of Edinburgh and get some fine haggis to eat with those IPAs. Remember to ask for the haggis with tatties and neeps. Man you are in for a time to remember.

Brewdog is the name, not punk brewery - sorry! I'll be off to Crumbies soon for me haggis which I haven't had since I was a wee lad. I grew up in rural NE near Elgin, I immigrated to Betelgeuse in 1979!

The other fantastic, and more traditional, craft brewery in Scotland is Stewart Brewing. I had several of their pints in a pub last night, cask ale, excellent. I am actually not usually terribly interested in so call session beer but the Stewart Copper Cascade was fantastic.

http://www.stewartbrewing.co.uk/index.php

Ive been to brew dog in aberdeen its a nice little place. Im heading back over on nov. 19th and i will defiently be drinking thier brews again!

Back