Taintlight (and wii streaming netflix)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
DAMMIT!!!! the netflix streaming is AWESOME(through the wii for us, which is about ideal with the wireless controllers and pointer)

Where else would I even come across movies like Taintlight or Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter ?

Taintlight is a cheezy low budget film making fun of twilight, and doing a pretty damn good job.

If you could have a plan with NO discs and just streaming for less than the 8.99/month I am paying, I would do it.

Not every title is available on streaming, but there are probably over 500 titles instantly available.

We started using Netflix on the Wii after we moved down here and love it! Of course, the wifi on my Wii took a crap about 2 weeks after moving in. Luckily, I found a source for the wireless card in China and got fixed back up for less than $20!

If only the Wii was HD, the service would be perfect...

I also stream netflix with the wii, my only issue is the randomness of the movies available, I can stream the first Phantasm and number 3 and 4 but not 2? recent releases like zombieland are available streaming, but I cant get Strange Brew, Bad Taste, or Tremors? overall netflix is quite awesome, I just wish more old crap movies were available streaming.

I thought the quality of Netflix really sucked on the Wii and haven't used it since the first time I tried it. You guys can bear it??

Run it through my tivo, both in the office and the living room. I like the selection though due to licensing it can be weird (as noted above). I specially like the selection of tv shows, both old and current.

Babylon 5
Bones
Lost
The X-Files
and the list just keeps going.

I have no issues with the streaming, it can get a bit pixelated, but if you dealt with my TV you would know that it is the least of my viewing issues.

We've been using Netflix on the Wii for a couple months. Watch something pretty much every night. Lots better than paying for more cable channels.

As to the quality, it's not HD-TV but it's not that much worse than the regular digital cable. Pretty sure the signal quality is set based on your connection speed, so if you're getting a bad picture it's probably due to having a mediocre Internet connection.

Now, they just need an "adult" version of Netflix (that was also only $9 a month)....

Mostly the picture is great, if the whole neighborhood is on the Internet, it can get a bit pixelated, noticeable largely with the darker colors. I stream to an older 65" Mitsubishi TV, the screen bow-ties and the colors get all wiggy, smack the TV on the side real hard and it works fine for 10 minutes, then it gets all crackly like there is lightning shooting across the screen, another smack sets it good again for a few more minutes, I cannot wait til I can go shoot the crap out of this TV.

Definite pixelation, but I don't really care.

HD is only addicting if you already have it.

People used to watch ****ty black and white tv and probably enjoyed it more than we appreciate our hd today.

The title was misleading. I thought there was a new type of flashlight out. I'm not upset... just disappointed.

When I saw the title (on netflix) I was unsure too.;)

I imagined a glowing part of the female anatomy.

We stream through our PS3 and get a pretty damn good picture (Samsung LED/LCD). Wired is much faster and clearer than wireless. The TV also streams with out the PS3 but the sound quality isn't as good so we stick with the PS3 and the disc. Haven't tried the wii yet.

The disc is free from netflix(with the service) the wii is not..........

I like the disc too, because I can put it up and not worry about what my kids might be streaming.

Had mine hooked up wireless for quite a few months now. The picture is not much different than our cable. We rarely even use the cable anymore.

I love the TV series: Man v Food, South park, King of the Hill, Futurama, Family Guy, even checked out a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Its awsome to watch them start to finish and no commercials!

Watch it all the time. My only problem is the whole buffering thing. Some days, I can watch 3 movies and not get caught in the middle waiting for it to catch up, and others it stops every 5 minutes and I give up.

That said, my wii is on wireless and down in the basement (wifi point is 2 stories up), so that may be part of the issue...but when it's intermittent, I find it hard to think it's my wifi.

I like it, I have queued up all the good discovery stuff: Man vs Wild, Survivorman, Mythbusters, etc.

I don't like that some new movies don't make it to the online view, but I see why they do it...otherwise they'd never have any disc business.

I think I've only had it pause on me, mid-movie, once, and that was when I was streaming something on the laptop at work. Using wireless with the Wii, as well. It's surprising to me, how good the quality is on Netflix, especially after struggling to watch Youtube videos via the built-in browser.

Incidentally, anyone know if/how you can install a better web browser to the Wii than the one that it comes with?

i don't think the wii can handle any other browser, and yes, that one SUCKS.

Mine is in the basement too, signal strength definitely does play a role in picture quality.

I guess if you had 2 streaming devices, you could watch different streams on different tvs.....I need to check the other devices it works with......

I guess if you had 2 streaming devices, you could watch different streams on different tvs.....I need to check the other devices it works with......

We watch on the PS3 with a disc and on the X Box through X Box Live w/o a disc at the same time. Both systems are wired and we don't have any problems with interruptions.

Watch it all the time. My only problem is the whole buffering thing. Some days, I can watch 3 movies and not get caught in the middle waiting for it to catch up, and others it stops every 5 minutes and I give up.

That said, my wii is on wireless and down in the basement (wifi point is 2 stories up), so that may be part of the issue...but when it's intermittent, I find it hard to think it's my wifi.

I have the same issue, watched almost all of Hereos season 4, then the last episode would not buffer...yet I could choose other titles ok.

I really like watching tv shows with it, because I only have 'limited basic' cable...barebones so I can get RoadRunner (which work reimburses me for). So my cable bill is only $18 but I get the networks, WGN and TBS...that's it.
Netflix lets me watch Dr Who (including the Tom Baker years) and tons of other weird stuff.

Be sure to watch Pandorum...in the dark...in your basement. Especially if your SWMBO is as big a weenie as mine :)

Maybe Tx is visiting here:

vagina_cave_Love_valley_in_Goreme_Turkey-s500x644-41571-580.jpg

The ONLY down side to Netflix streaming, is that SWMBO insists on youtubing trailers to pick what to watch......PITA!!!!! Especially since the wii wifi all but stops when she plays any vid on the laptop, lol.

www.netflix.com has some trailers, but it is still a PITA to find and watch 15 trailers before choosing a movie.

KICK ASS is a no brainer.

Back