Electric Heat Exchanger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustinHickey

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone know where to buy an electric heat exchanger similar to the one in the brewmajic system? I'm looking for a way to maintain and adjust mash temperature if I strike a little low somehow. I do not wish to do electrical work so I don't want a really powerful one that would be used to step mash, ect... Just something to make minor adjustments of say 5 degrees in the mash if I strike too low for some reason.

The plan would be to maybe mount it to the top of my mash tun right before a sparge arm with a temp controller upstream of the heat exchanger.

Lastly, It would have to be a standard voltage so I could just plug it in (again, no electrical work required)

It's gota exist somewhere right?

-Thanks,
Dustin Hickey

point of use tankless heaters require a good amount of power and would require an electrician to atleast sign off on the installation for insurance purposes. I don't need one with such a high delta t.

Try searching for RIMS in this forum. You'd need a PID to control it. If you want a small one, you might be able to get away with the relay output on the PID.

But it'd probably be easier to build a heatstick and use it to raise the mash just a few degrees.

I've also been looking into this, I'm curious to see what you come up with.

I was thinking either about using a tankless or small hot water heater and a HERMS system, or making one myself with a PID, pump and an electric heating element.

Back