Can anyone verify this? using adjunt led to 'ice cold' serving?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarleyAndApple

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was talking about having beer at room temperature (15-18C) and how I hated having beer ice cold with buddies.

Then one of the guys told me it all began when BMCs started putting mass quantities of adjuncts in their beer to mask its true flavour.

Is this true?

Big beer has been using adjuncts from day one because American barley was too protein rich. Despite popular belief rice and corn were not used to cheapen beer, they were actually more expensive at the time they started using them. The truth of the matter is that the majority of people prefer that kind of beer and there is no gobal conspiracy of corporations trying to dull our tastes...they are simply selling people what they want. So no, it was not started at the time of adjunct use, most people just like their beer cold.

Go read this book:
Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer
Then tell your friends to stop spreading misinformation about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big beer has been using adjuncts from day one because American barley was too protein rich. Despite popular belief rice and corn were not used to cheapen beer, they were actually more expensive at the time they started using them. The truth of the matter is that the majority of people prefer that kind of beer and there is no gobal conspiracy of corporations trying to dull our tastes...they are simply selling people what they want. So no, it was not started at the time of adjunct use, most people just like their beer cold.

Tonedef hit the nail on the head......
America like most of the world had quite an extensive array of beers available prior to the German Invasion of brewer's which later introduced the light lager. They pretty much had the "brewing culture" of all the countries that people immigrated from...Most English beer styles..you know Porters, Stouts, Partigyles, stuff like that. As well as mostly heavy German Styles of beer. Not to mention people from Scotland, Ireland, Russia and other places where beer was drank.

Remember up until then, beer was food.

In fact thew whole history of the light lager is the American populace's (not the brewer's) desire to have a lighter beer to drink, which forced the German brewers to look at adding adjuncts like corn and rice...not as the popular homebrewer's myth has been to make money by peddling and "inferior commercial product" by adding adjuncts, but in order to come up with a style of beer that the American people wanted.

Maureen Ogle proved that in Ambitious Brew it actually made the cost of a bottle of Budweiser cost around 17.00/bottle in today's dollars.

When AH released Budweiser with it's corn and rice adjuncts in the 1860's it was the most expensive beer out there; a single bottle retailed for $1.00 (what would equal in today's Dollars for $17.00) this was quite difference when a schooner of beer usually cost a nickel.

The American populace ate it up!

It wasn't done to save money, it was done because heavy beers (both english style Ales and the heavier Bavarian malty beers) were not being drunk by American consumers any more. Beer initally was seen around the world as food (some even called it liquid bread), but since America, even in the 1800's was a prosperous nation compared to the rest of the world, and americans ate meat with nearly every meal, heavy beers had fallen out of favor...

And American Barley just made for heavy, hazy beer

Bush and other German Brewers started looking at other styles of Beers, and came upon Karl Balling and Anton Schwartz's work at the Prague Polytechnic Institute with the Brewers in Bohemia who when faced with a grain shortage started using adjuncts, which produced the pils which was light, sparkly and fruity tasting...just the thing for American tastebuds.

So the brewers brought Schwartz to America where he went to work for American Brewer Magazine writing articles and technical monographs, teaching American brewers how to use Rice and Corn...

The sad moral of the story is....The big corporate brewers did not foist tasteless adjunct laced fizzy water on us, like the popular mythology all of us beersnobs like to take to bed with us to feel all warm and elitist....it was done because our American ancestors wanted it.

Listen to this from Basic Brewing;

November 30, 2006 - Ambitious Brew Part One
We learn about the history of beer in the USA from Maureen Ogle, author of "Ambitious Brew - The Story of American Beer." Part one takes us from the Pilgrims to Prohibition.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbr11-30-06.mp3

December 7, 2006 - Ambitious Brew Part Two
We continue our discussion about the history of beer in the USA with Maureen Ogle, author of "Ambitious Brew - The Story of American Beer." Part two takes us from Prohibition to the present day.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbr12-07-06.mp3

And actually many ale brewers use the same adjuncts in our beer. I've used corn in a few beers to add some creaminess or to thin out and dry the beers some, and they are drunk at whatever temp the style call for.

In fact some commercial bmc, if you let them warm up a bit actually have a nice taste. I've noticed it with lagers that utilize corn as their adjunct rather than the rice that Imbev/AH uses in their bud products. Llabatt's Blue actually taste pretty nice after the "chill" is taken away.

Another cool thing mentioned in that book is that almost all brewing in the States done before the mid 19th century was homebrewing. A lot of this was due to labor shortages and cider was a hell of a lot less time consuming to make. Every source I have seen said that if anyone did go to the trouble of producing a large scale batch it was typically distilled into whiskey. I have a hard time seeing this happening in ANY European country because it is so engrained in their culture as an important part of the meal. Our whole American culture being used to excess just looks at beer differently.

Revvy,

I haven't noticed you pasting this in any of the big bad evil BMC companies threads but you should.

For everyone's purported expertise in beer there is little in fact knowledge of actual history. The plain fact of the matter is that corporations ALWAYS give the public what they ask for and the ones that give the public most exactly what they want are the ones that become big. BMC is not big because of some hideous conspiracy but because they gave they public that fizzy yellow drink that most quenched their thirst. And still does. If there was any shift in the opposite direction then BL would not be the best selling beer in the world.

I cringe every time there is a thread discussing the ignorance of the masses 'who just don't realize that the beer they drink sucks and that they need to be educated.' People drink that beer because that is what they like OVER craft beer. Not because they are ignorant, and to assume otherwise is the height of arrogance. And another misperception is that BMC is popular only because of insidiuous marketing. In truth marketing responds to preference to doesn't shape it. People don't choose Bud because 3 frogs tell them to. Bud realizes what people want and demand and the job of the marketing department is to pass along the message that yes, we have that.

Except in small pockets of society, the majority of the public, worldwide, prefers a very crisp, ice cold, refreshing beverage with just a little flavor to offset the carbonic bite. Heck, even in mainland Europe lagers are preferred over ales.

I appreciate you putting this history out there in the public HBT record, Revvy.

Another cool thing mentioned in that book is that almost all brewing in the States done before the mid 19th century was homebrewing. A lot of this was due to labor shortages and cider was a hell of a lot less time consuming to make. Every source I have seen said that if anyone did go to the trouble of producing a large scale batch it was typically distilled into whiskey. I have a hard time seeing this happening in ANY European country because it is so engrained in their culture as an important part of the meal. Our whole American culture being used to excess just looks at beer differently.

I liked how she also busted a lot of other myths about beer.

At the 1893 Columbian World Exposition in Chicago, Frederick Pabst pronounced himself winner of the Exposition’s grand prize, but there was no grand prize to win. The judges of the brewing exhibits were forbidden from awarding ranked prizes for first, second, and third place. Every exhibitor left the Exposition with the same bronze commemorative medallion, regardless of the quality of his beer. His "victory" is still commemorated on the label to this day.

So this,

pabst-_1.gif

Is really just another marketing myth.

And this....

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

–Benjamin Franklin

From Maureen Ogle's Book, Ambitious Brew, the story of American Brewing.

In recent years, beer drinkers have worn t-shirts decorated with a quote attributed to Ben Franklin: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Just one problem: Franklin didn't say that. It's a mangled version of another Franklin quote about the pleasures of wine. In a 1779 letter, he wrote that the rain that fell on vineyards and transformed vines into grapes for wine provided "a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

Hi. I agree that there is too much beer snobbery sometimes and that BMC is BMC because that's what many, many people want to drink.

But . . .

People also want to eat at McDonalds. And at KFC. And corporate practices are often designed to intentionally manipulate consumers, to buy inferior/unsafe/unhealthful or just plain junky products.

I'm just suggesting that its not as simple as saying that its only about what the consumer wants - the consumer's desires don't exist in a vacuum. They are shaped by many forces. Nothing posted above contradicts that - I'm not really arguing with anyone, just expounding.

Another tangent - I applaud AB for experimenting with other "better" brews - American Ale, Shock Top, et. al. Good for them!

FWIW, put me in the category of really enjoying BMC-ish beers - honestly, my favorite homebrews are probably my blonde, cream and Kolsch ales. I just think mine taste way better than the BMC offerings.

Revvy,

I haven't noticed you pasting this in any of the big bad evil BMC companies threads but you should.

For everyone's purported expertise in beer there is little in fact knowledge of actual history. The plain fact of the matter is that corporations ALWAYS give the public what they ask for and the ones that give the public most exactly what they want are the ones that become big. BMC is not big because of some hideous conspiracy but because they gave they public that fizzy yellow drink that most quenched their thirst. And still does. If there was any shift in the opposite direction then BL would not be the best selling beer in the world.

I cringe every time there is a thread discussing the ignorance of the masses 'who just don't realize that the beer they drink sucks and that they need to be educated.' People drink that beer because that is what they like OVER craft beer. Not because they are ignorant, and to assume otherwise is the height of arrogance. And another misperception is that BMC is popular only because of insidiuous marketing. In truth marketing responds to preference to doesn't shape it. People don't choose Bud because 3 frogs tell them to. Bud realizes what people want and demand and the job of the marketing department is to pass along the message that yes, we have that.

Except in small pockets of society, the majority of the public, worldwide, prefers a very crisp, ice cold, refreshing beverage with just a little flavor to offset the carbonic bite. Heck, even in mainland Europe lagers are preferred over ales.

I appreciate you putting this history out there in the public HBT record, Revvy.

Thanks. Actually there hasn't been a "need" to post this in over a year. I haven't actually noticed many "bud bashing" threads that re-hased the old "evil corporate giant putting in adjuncts to save money" chestnut in awhile, it seemed that Ogle's book laid that one to rest. Or at least if it did happen, someone else, like TOnedeff who read the book, would jump in and shoot it down.

I will say, I do not like Bud, budlight and Budlight lime. I am not a fan of rice adjuncted lagers, BUT I do like Bud American Ale. Someday I will get around to trying Shock Top, out of curiosity, but it's not high on my priority list.

But I find that bud is too sickly sweet for me. I do turn it down even if it is free.

On the other hand I do like PBR, Llabats blue and Strohs for watching football/Hockey or quaffing if no craft/micro/homebrew is available.

I admit that when I started down this path I too relished in Bud Bias, but having read Ogle's book, I came to see that that was more based on Hubris and Snobbery rather than any true fact.

And I realised that, especially if you hit a sport's bar with friends after a hockey game or something, that has a limited BMC list, it is not a bad idea to find a couple mass market beers that you don't mind and may actually enjoy drinking. Granted you mightprefer a pint of Dead Guy or Oaked Arrogan Bastard...but when in Rome....

Heck I'm on my way to my buddie's to watch the UofM game, and I am going to stop off for a sixer of Stroh.

Thanks for posting all of this. It is certainly interesting what people say compared to the actual truth.

Revvy certainly seems to be pretty well informed.

It looks like I'll have to buy another book now though.

People also want to eat at McDonalds. And at KFC. And corporate practices are often designed to intentionally manipulate consumers, to buy inferior/unsafe/unhealthful or just plain junky products.
I don't really think this applies. People who eat at these sorts of restaurants want a fast and low cost meal...and they get that. Everyone is aware that they are not healthy foods but they are willing to sacrifice it for other factors. If people were demanding healthier foods and stopped buying double cheeseburgers they would sell healthy food. McDonalds is not trying to make people sick, they are trying to make money.

My go to mass market beer, actually I'm not sure if it is mass market, is Yuengling Lager. I can drink it to disguise myself but as far as standard BMC, meh, I would rather drink soda or water.

A great lesson on this thread. Glad the OP brought it up. Revvy, thanks for cluing me to another great book to read and thanks for holding the PBR high! I'm a big fan of PBR and Schlitz! They were my starters to this huge and wonderful world of beer!

A great lesson on this thread. Glad the OP brought it up. Revvy, thanks for cluing me to another great book to read and thanks for holding the PBR high! I'm a big fan of PBR and Schlitz! They were my starters to this huge and wonderful world of beer!

If you don't know if you know, but the 1970's recipe of Schlitz had been re-released, it's really tasty. Stroh's is back too, brewed by Pabst.

Nice information here, and the standard beer drinker really does prefer the lighter beers.
Personally the last X-mas party I was at I walked up to the bar and asked them what beers they had.
Answer: BMC.
My reply: I'll have a rum and coke.

And another misperception is that BMC is popular only because of insidiuous marketing. In truth marketing responds to preference to doesn't shape it. People don't choose Bud because 3 frogs tell them to.

If it's not the advertising, why do they spend so much money on it? I'm not disagreeing with any of the history presented in the previous posts but that doesn't make BMC not evil. Do most of us use Microsoft products because it's the best or because of marketing? Hasn't price ever set your preference? Like when fuji apples go on sale vs honey crisp apples? All I'm saying is its a combo. Marketing includes pricing strategies. America is about quantity - and I can get a 12-pack of BMC for the price of one bottle of "fancy" beer.

-OCD

Marketing includes pricing strategies. America is about quantity - and I can get a 12-pack of BMC for the price of one bottle of "fancy" beer.

-OCD

Of course marketing includes pricing. Price theory is pretty much the biggest educational component of a marketing education. Pricing, and not necessarily low pricing, is one of the key factors to making a buying decision. The job of marketing is to persuade the consumer into making that decision in your favor.

Of course America is about quantity. So is the rest of the world. So is every society in the history of the world. People always get as much of what they want as they can for their limited buying power.

As I said successful corporations will always act in their best interest and the major part of doing so is to give the customer what they demand. If they don't give the customer what they want then they go out of business. I reiterate, in order for a company to be successful their product must reflect demand, demand does not conform to the product.

And every successful company spends a percentage of their revenue on marketing. An interesting fact is that marketing expenditures as a percentage of revenue tend toward the mean by industry. Meaning, beer companies tend to spend about the same percentage of their revenues on marketing, car companies do the same, etc.

All this aside, my point has always been that it is a very unattractive quality of craft beer drinkers or homebrewers to look down on BMC drinkers as ignorant boobs. Every week or so I see a thread started here where someone is bemoaning the poor ignorant BMC drinking wretches who hated their home brewed beer at a gathering. Then there is inevitably three pages of "me too" posts basically saying that if someone prefers BMC to homebrew then that person is an a-hole. But, and this is important for me to say, I am guilty of this as well. If I take my brew to a party and someone rejects it is hard for me to not take it personally. I just think it is important for us to realize that this is equivalent to giving someone a guava juice and having them say "nah, I prefer orange juice." Nothing personal, they are just two completely different beverages.

All this aside, my point has always been that it is a very unattractive quality of craft beer drinkers or homebrewers to look down on BMC drinkers as ignorant boobs. Every week or so I see a thread started here where someone is bemoaning the poor ignorant BMC drinking wretches who hated their home brewed beer at a gathering. Then there is inevitably three pages of "me too" posts basically saying that if someone prefers BMC to homebrew then that person is an a-hole. But, and this is important for me to say, I am guilty of this as well. If I take my brew to a party and someone rejects it is hard for me to not take it personally. I just think it is important for us to realize that this is equivalent to giving someone a guava juice and having them say "nah, I prefer orange juice." Nothing personal, they are just two completely different beverages.

This is a great analogy!!!!

Me personally, I don't care if bmc drinkers don't like my beer, especially if they have at least tried it....but I really haven't found any die-hard bmcers around. Most of my friends and even my family are open minded. And even if they themselves buy and drink bmc as ther preferred beers they still tend to enjoy my beers.

My BIL is a prime example, he's a bmc beer drinker, BUT he likes it when my nephew (his stepson) and I bring beers we brewed to Holidays (My nephew more wine than beer these days) And likes trying the stuff.

Some stuff he likes more than others, but he still tries everything. In fact he requested that I make a bring a batch of my WIT to thanksgiving.

But most of the people in my social circle tend to like good beers, or are brewers themselves, so I really don't come across those people who are closed minded about anything other than THEIR favorite BMC product.

My biggest issue is finding a beer that I like in a situation where craft beer isn't around. Like sports bars and events. At least at typical bars these daysthey will have things like Guiness, or Bluemoon, or Llabats or PBR and not just BUD related products, so even if I'm not totally in the mood for something like that, and would rather have a pint of Arrogant Bastard or something tolerable, or there's always a mixed drink....but sometimes sporting events or concerts or festivals or even wedding will only feature one beer or one company's products, usually Imbev/AB, that's kinda my version of hell on earth....only having bud products available and at an exorbitant price.

Actually THIS is my version of hell on earth....

BUDLIGHT_LANDING_PROMO_big1.jpg

The Bud Light Party Cruise........:rolleyes:

(The last 2 years there's been a billboard down the block from me, I think I even dreamed I was trapped on it once, with nothing but BL......No booze, no bud regular, not even BAA....just bottles and bottles and bottles of Bud Light to be found.)

It probably isn't even appropriate to drink Bud American Ale on that hellboat. :D

On a boat with diet beer and Dave Matthews? Sounds like Frat boy bait to me, hell on earth indeed.

I would also like to say that I hate how Coors gets grouped with miller and bud just because of their lite line. Coors Original is the best Macro American Lager there is and I wish it was availible on draft more often.

Of course America is about quantity. So is the rest of the world. So is every society in the history of the world. People always get as much of what they want as they can for their limited buying power.

And every successful company spends a percentage of their revenue on marketing. An interesting fact is that marketing expenditures as a percentage of revenue tend toward the mean by industry. Meaning, beer companies tend to spend about the same percentage of their revenues on marketing, car companies do the same, etc.

Seems we are either on the same side saying the same thing or facing each other within inches of standing on the same line . Sometimes its hard to tell. One thing about the above though is it seems you are saying that because they are big they advertise a lot. While there is some truth to that; I think they advertise a lot, therefore they got big. Chicken and egg, eh? :mug:

-OCD

On a boat with diet beer and Dave Matthews? Sounds like Frat boy bait to me, hell on earth indeed.

I would also like to say that I hate how Coors gets grouped with miller and bud just because of their lite line. Coors Original is the best Macro American Lager there is and I wish it was availible on draft more often.

I haven't had coors in years, but I have had miller (and actually like miller chill over BLL) on occasion, I THINK though not sure that the BMC appellation has more perhaps to do with those being maybe the top three sellers, or because waitresses reciting their beer lists usually go "We have Bud, Budlight, Miller, Miller light, Coors, Coors light."

It would be interesting to see where the term BMC came from.

Seems we are either on the same side saying the same thing or facing each other within inches of standing on the same line . Sometimes its hard to tell. One thing about the above though is it seems you are saying that because they are big they advertise a lot. While there is some truth to that; I think they advertise a lot, therefore they got big. Chicken and egg, eh? :mug:

-OCD

Hehe maybe so. But really more my point is that massive advertising does less to sway otherwise craft beer drinkers to BMC than we think. More often I think those advertising dollars are geared towards getting MC drinkers to drink B.

It would be interesting to see where the term BMC came from.

All I know is that the very first time I read BMC on this site I knew exactly what it meant and since then I have always used it to mean largely commoditized macrobeer.

(Oh yeah, as far as the comment separating C from BM, I have always hated C and viewed it as a really minor variant on BM. BUT there was a long time when I actually did like B as a refreshing afternoon beverage. I think a big part of it was the fact that the first C I had was when it was still in cans that imparted an aluminum twang to the beer. Also the advertising for B just really made me prefer it to MC. Same with Marlboro. I really did want to taste adventure.)

I would be happy if that was the case, but is usually "We have Bud, Budlight, Miller, Miller light, and Coors light."

WOW...not "Coors Regular" or whatever it's called? EEK....I would probably go for a full figured coors of any on the list if it was on draft....

Notice how civilized this thread has become? It actually had the potential to be a bud-bashing thread, but it's actually an interesting discussion.

:mug:

Check back after all the football games once everyone is lit!

-OCD

WOW...not "Coors Regular" or whatever it's called? EEK....I would probably go for a full figured coors of any on the list if it was on draft....

Notice how civilized this thread has become? It actually had the potential to be a bud-bashing thread, but it's actually an interesting discussion.

:mug:
I have enjoyed this thread more than any thread I can remember. Tonedef131 and Revvy have said things I have wanted to say for a long long time and said it far better than I could. Thanks a lot guys!

And I am already lit, . . . and happy, since the Eggles are kickin bootay.

Normally I am a grumpy curmudgeon. Or is that curmudgeonly grump.

Diet beer, that's a good way to get under someone's skin. lol.

I prefer PBR myself and really have nothing of substance to add to this thread. :D

I have enjoyed this thread more than any thread I can remember. Tonedef131 and Revvy have said things I have wanted to say for a long long time and said it far better than I could. Thanks a lot guys!

Thanks Papaw!

I know that I had that attitude about Bud/Bmc's for years even before I started brewing, back when I was just a micro-brew drinker/beer snob. In fact I never underage drank beer, after the first sip of purloined budweiser. I couldn't see the point in drinking something that tasted so disgusting to me....In fact while other kids turned 21 and bought their first legal case of bud, my first legal purchase was a bottle of Calvados Apple Brandy....Yet I kept reading about all these great styles of beer in the world like stouts and stuff, but weren't available at the corner store.

But THEN, just as I turned legal Sierra Nevada came out, and suddenly there were these things called brew-pubs and IMPORTED beers in some stores, and I discovered how great beer could be.

So of course I've been a bud basher, and bud drinker basher in my time...BUT it really doesn't serve any purpose, and like I said especially after reading Maureen Ogle's book I kinda saw the light....Like she said, it's really not the Evil Corporation's fault that people drink light lagers....It's what our populace demanded, and they perfected that style to meet their need....And if you read her book you will find out about some of the regional brewers that didn't change with the times, didn't brew a pilsner beer and tried to hang on to their ales, and went under or later bent with the times.

It was a matter of economic survival for the breweries, and AHB did it better than anyone one else. AND as long as people drink it they will keep making it....And since there's many choices in the marketplace and in our fermenters, we can drink and brew what we want to as well.

This really is the best time to be into beer....there are just such a HUUUUUUGGGGGEEE variety of beers from around the world available, and even in typical grocery stores it's possible to find at least ONE micro brew or decent macro attempt and craft beer. Like I said though I just wish most bars would expand a little bit...but even then there's Guinness, llabats, pbr, Bluemoon and even Killians usually available there, and I can find something to make due...usually.

BTW Maureen Ogle's Blog still covers the beer industry on occasion, she did an amazing coverage on the Imbev/AB takeover an she also put in some stuff that she had to take out of Ambitious Brew, due to size and editorial constraints, and even though she in now working on a book on the meat industy and a lot of here blog entries covers that it's still a good read.

http://maureenogle.com/blog/

Here 6 cans of BCM costs you $12. Local microbrews are essentially the same price. People still take BMC over mircos at least 10:1. All I can conclude is that advertising really pays off. Also, Pilsner Urquell is only a buck more (per 6) and for a light, light beer that I prefer greatly to BMC.

I only touch BMC if im socially obligated to do so. Other peoples taste in beer doesn't bother me in the least.

"Ice Cold" serving, however, is a crime. Something should be done about it. It's September now. When I order a pint of Brown Ale I don't want it nipple hardening, tooth aching, brain freezing cold. I'm just saying...

Sure - It's an import for you :D
Ice cold is good for pounding 'em (when you don't care about taste) and when it's WAY hot outside.
The worst offender for me is Heineken. 2 servings = headache.

-OCD

This thread has been a good read. I agree with most of the things said. I love Micro's and stuff I brew but I still drink BMC if that is all that is available. Actually being in MN I can usually get Grainbelt and that is my BMC of choice if I don't have a homebrew, or micro available.

It's funny, here we are having a civil discussion about Bmcs and at the same time we have THIS. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/you-ever-just-want-punch-someone-neck-138945/

I loved Tone-deaf's answer. :mug:

It's funny that the OP made a point that one of the guys was drinking a Schlitz....Which I think I mentioned re-released their 70's recipe and it's pretyy damned tasty.

Guess there will always be eacs, eh? :D

tcklord, my reading about grainbelt leads me to believe it's a pretty decent regional macro.

Here 6 cans of BCM costs you $12. Local microbrews are essentially the same price. People still take BMC over mircos at least 10:1. All I can conclude is that advertising really pays off. Also, Pilsner Urquell is only a buck more (per 6) and for a light, light beer that I prefer greatly to BMC.

I only touch BMC if im socially obligated to do so. Other peoples taste in beer doesn't bother me in the least.

"Ice Cold" serving, however, is a crime. Something should be done about it. It's September now. When I order a pint of Brown Ale I don't want it nipple hardening, tooth aching, brain freezing cold. I'm just saying...

Man 12 bucks? I can buy the 24 once canned BMC for 99 cent. I am not one to bash and this isn't one but I can't drink Bud its not the taste but I get a headache after one or two. There is always Bud and Coors original as well as lite in my fridge. I have been known to slam a few Coors down after working in the summer heat. Even a wheat beer isn't right for that situation they all have a place and time.

Coors original does not taste the same as when I was in my teens when I was out west must be the water

Back