Old Leghumper brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homebrewer_99 said:
I second that!:drunk:
(Isn't there supposed to be a guy in that picture?)

Yeah, he's incapacited. You can't see his fingers?

And yes, cheese, that is uncalled for. Please, remove it at once!!!! :p
I was trying to eat lunch.

Baron von BeeGee said:
If I'm going to adjust my batch to gravity (meaning I got higher than expected efficiency), I just add enough top off water in the fermentor to hit the target FG which has the added benefit of adding some oxygen as well as slight cooling. Promash has a dilution calculator which, given a current gravity reading and a target gravity, will tell you how much straight water to add.

Doesn't this affect hop integration though? I'd bet it is negligible, but just sayin'. I'm not slamming your procedure, it is what I do too. :p

Kai's method (though slightly more difficult) seems to be the best way.

Dude said:
And yes, cheese, that is uncalled for. Please, remove it at once!!!! :p
I was trying to eat lunch.

Bunch of pots calling kettles black. I've seen pictures of several of you. Don't try to claim that you're all in shape. For cripes sake, this is a forum for people who try to cram as much sugar into water as possible before drinking it.

Dude, what's the calorie count on the Leghumper?

Dude said:
Doesn't this affect hop integration though? I'd bet it is negligible, but just sayin'. I'm not slamming your procedure, it is what I do too. :p

It probably does, but we're talking about 1/2g max usually. Sometimes I just deal with the higher gravity :drunk:

Dude said:

Because I'm adding the additional water almost at the end of the boil, the hop utilization is affected in the same way. But what will be the difference? Maybe 3% utilization difference at the most. This is a difference that I don't worry about since hop utilization is affected by many other factors anyway.

Kai

Back