The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, my rant was misdirected, you're not the intended target.
Trolls never seem to realize that we're on to them until told directly that the jig is up.

How's this for irony? I have a BMC clone on tap right now, and absolutely love it! :D

I hope the intended target wasn't me (I'm guessing it may have been since I'm the only one talking about competitions and BMC). I was not trolling in my comments, they were genuine. If they riled someone up, then they need some serious introspection on how a stranger on the Internet could have gotten their goose so easily and accidentally. :)

bottlebomber said:
Clam juice and tomato juice mixed? What's to not like?

I made a Cerveza style ale once, which is probably one of the cheapest beers you can make as absolutely no good beer ingredients are capable of being grown in Mexico. And when it was done I,,, enjoyed,,? one on its own but the rest of them were for micheladas. A little lime, worcestershire sauce, maggi sauce if you can find it instead, Tabasco and salt the rim of the glass. I was never into such things but after moving to Texas and broadening my tex-mex horizons, and it being 104 degrees like 400 days a year, you develop a taste for such things. But, yeah, that beer cost something like $16 to make so it was just a base for that cocktail and cheaper than corona by the case which I refuse to buy.

I'm vegetarian so brainless-animal or not, I don't drink clams. Also, most worch sauces aren't veg.

And if I made a porter and someone poured tomato juice in it I'd point to the door and say 'out'.

A Facebook message from my friend's mother when she found out that I was going to start brewing after I returned home from Afghanistan:

"good luck with your beer making, but igotta tell you i don't think you will ever beat Bud Light." [SIC]

Safe to say that in my opinion, and of my friend's around me, I succeeded in that with my first all grain batch.

Talking to a buddy about the IPA I was fermenting
co-worker asked - what is that?
Me - India Pale Ale
long pause
co-worker - so is that made on the reservation?

that, indeed, is win worthy. shoulda told him the best IPA comes from Pine Ridge, SD. the poorer the res, the better the beer tastes!

Talking to a buddy about the IPA I was fermenting
co-worker asked - what is that?
Me - India Pale Ale
long pause
co-worker - so is that made on the reservation?

If you get this reply again mention that it is made with peyote hops that can only be grown on reservations due to US patent laws. (Sorry for the mispelling).

Talking to my partner at work yesterday about my 8.3% wee heavy. She says oh you're making malt liquor?

We do not live in Texas and she is not from there

russrob81 said:
Talking to my partner at work yesterday about my 8.3% wee heavy. She says oh you're making malt liquor?

We do not live in Texas and she is not from there

Yeah that's a dumb comment, but might not be entirely her fault. Jersey has or used to have a dumb labeling law like that involving a certain ABV % threshold being labeled as such, and it still really confuses beer ignorant people haha

Again that is merely personal preference because IMHO I would say when you can make a big 10% ABV RIS aged in a bourbon barrel that still drinks silky smooth, then you have reached "brewer" status even if you never brewed one -am light haha, but I would be wrong for the same reason you are, neither guy would be Any less of a brewer just have their own specialty born from their preference, now someone please back to the stupid comments to make us all laugh

I don't think that's what paulster meant.

I have a recipe I call Blackened Vanilla Stout...its quite good...I cant keep enough of it brewed,my friends/family always clamour for more. At our 20th wedding anniversary party 2 cases of it were gone and all the store bought brews sat in the coolers..
that being said...I was quite proud of it and took some to a work related customer of mine...guy owns a nice restaurant...used to be a bar tender...figured he would appreciate it.

his reply...'Whew ..that s**t was like a punch in the face....cant you brew some Budweiser'

like why would I put the exspense and effort into trying to brew budweiser when you could buy it for less cost?

Reno_eNVy said:
Hey how about we stop before this awesome thread gets shut down because of stupid bickering.

+1

My mom still uses ice in her beer on a hot summer day. She tryes all my home brews but insist tht she doesnt like dark beer.

Uh well she still trys anything I put in a glass.

On a side note this thread seems to be slowly derailing. Would hate to loosing it like "the tipping thread"

newb said:
I'm not trying to fight really the guy came out with some ridiculous forum rank pulling, with no explanation about what was incorrect about my statement. No more name calling, I just want an intelligent logical explanation why.

I don't think he was pulling rank. I didn't see anything in his short comment that made me think that. Honestly I had to read through your comment several times and I'm still not sure I understand it. But Pappers has threatened before to shut this thread down for this kind of back and forth, and that would really piss a lot of people off.

My father when I dumped spent grain in my backyard for the deer, "man those deer are gonna catch a nice buzz huh?"

As i was brewing outside one day, a neighbor walks up and introduces themselves,

Neighbor: " hey so whatcha making?"
Me: just brewing a little beer
Neighbor: " oh yeah? This is a crazy looking setup you've got here"
(i brew AG but i was flushing out all my hoses and plate chiller)
Me: yeah it looks a lot more complicated than it is, its actually a prety simply setup
Neighbor; " yeah, i mean it looks like you could be making meth and stuff with all these hoses and pots"
Me: ha ha, yeah i get that a lot, looks like it could be sometig illegal, but its just for beer ha ha
Neighbor: " yeah well you know, i mean, if it was meth, i wouldnt mind at all"

::::awkward silence ::::

At that point i just made it out i was super busy and couldnt talk much, didnt feel like going down that road

ArcticBear said:
As i was brewing outside one day, a neighbor walks up and introduces themselves,

Neighbor: " hey so whatcha making?"
Me: just brewing a little beer
Neighbor: " oh yeah? This is a crazy looking setup you've got here"
(i brew AG but i was flushing out all my hoses and plate chiller)
Me: yeah it looks a lot more complicated than it is, its actually a prety simply setup
Neighbor; " yeah, i mean it looks like you could be making meth and stuff with all these hoses and pots"
Me: ha ha, yeah i get that a lot, looks like it could be sometig illegal, but its just for beer ha ha
Neighbor: " yeah well you know, i mean, if it was meth, i wouldnt mind at all"

::::awkward silence ::::

At that point i just made it out i was super busy and couldnt talk much, didnt feel like going down that road

You can probably thank breaking bad for the new found popularity for meth making haha since that show's debut I get these comments more and more.

Tiber_Brew said:
I'm told I need to watch that show. I don't need to get addicted to anything else. The show I mean. Not meth.

It's probably the best (fiction) show on TV right now, and I say that without even the slightest exaggeration. There's only 8 episodes left (airing in the summer), and past seasons have been relatively short, so getting "addicted" really isn't much of an issue.

Back