12 Beers of Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zazbnf

Reaction score
I am looking for recipe suggestions for brewing 12 different beers in 12 days.

I have been working on my 1 gallon electric brewery, and hope to have it finished/functional by Christmas.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/my-electric-1-gallon-brewery-build-366896/#post4631919

I am thinking I would like to brew 12 Beers of Christmas. This would be a different 1 gallon batch each day from December 25th through January 5th. I still need to acquire a few more fermenters, but am interested in recipe suggestions.

I would like to keep the variety of yeast down as this is the most expensive part of a 1 gallon batch. These would be all grain brews.

Comments or suggestions?

12 Dunkels Dunking
11 Pilsners Pilsing
10 Session Lagers
9 Lady Fruit Beers
8 Milk Stouts Milking
7 Strong Ales Swimming
6 Gose-a-Laying
5 GOLD IPA's
4 Cali Commons
3 French Saisons
2 Weizen Bocks
And a Pumpkin in a Baltic Porter.

Ok, I think this will be beer #1 only 11 more to decide on. I am thinking I will stick with the following yeasts since I already have them on hand WLP530, S-04,S-05, and I also have a vial of WLP720 so I may toss a mead or two into the mix.

Brew Date: 12/25/2012
Batch Size: 1.00 gal

Ingredients

1 lbs 7.9 oz Pale Malt US 2 row
1 lbs 10.2 oz Munich 20L
0.8 oz Special B
0.2 oz Northern Brewer [8.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min 21.1 IBUs
0.2 oz Northern Brewer [8.50 %] - Boil 30.0 min 16.2 IBUs
0.17 oz Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 mins)
0.17 oz Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 5.0 mins)
35 ml Abbey Ale (White Labs #WLP530)

45 min mash @ 156
OG: 1.081
FG: 1.020
37.3 IBUs
Color: 17.4

Do you really measure that precisely? Or is that a scaled down recipe and you'll be rounding off?

It is a scaled down recipe. However since the goal of this is to brew test batches of larger recipes, and I am a bit obsessive compulsive, I will measure grains to the nearest gram and the hops and spices to the 1/10 gram. I also have a syringe for the yeast addition.

Also not alot of room for rounding in a 1 gallon batch.

Dude, I measure all my grains for 6gal batches to the hundreth of a pound. I try to hit whole numbers percentage-wise and who cares about the weight. If I'm only using like a half percent of something like a dark malt (like black patent in Moose Drool) then you gotta measure in grams!

The homebrew shop always chuckles when I give my grain bill but eff 'em!

1. Belgian Dubbel
2. Belgian Wit
3. Belgian Stout
4. Belgian Blonde
5. Belgian Brown
6. Quad
7. Am pale
8. Am Amber
9. Am Brown
10. Porter
11. Stout
12. RIS

For some you could do double batches and just use diff. yeasts.

Back