Has anyone used grain for The Canada Malting Company LTD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used grain for The Canada Malting Company LTD? Our local home brew club is looking to make a bulk order and this is one company I can choose but I don't have any experience with the quality of their grain and would like to hear an opinion. Most of my grain has come from Briess in the past.

So here are my pricing options (55 lb sacks)

2-Row $27
Pale Ale $28
Pilsen $29

The prices seem very competitive to me.

I've used the 2 row and the rye with no issues. I haven't done a side by side but I have no reason to complain.

I have been using CM for the past year. I was nervous, as their pricing might suggest that they offer a sub-par product, but it has panned out just fine! Can't really go wrong with those prices

I've used the 2 row and the rye with no issues. I haven't done a side by side but I have no reason to complain.

Same here, plus wheat. 2-row's a fairly blank canvas wherever you get it, but I've had excellent efficiency and attenuation. Cheap Canadian labor notwithstanding, Canada produces twice as much barley as the US, so that may help explain the price gap. I think much of the US crop is grown by or pre-contracted to Anheuser-Busch as well.

I use their 2 row. I get it from a local brewery 30 bucks for a 55 lb bag. Tastes just fine. They actually won best beer with it.

Back