SQ14 Burner - Keggle Ball Valve Install - Bargain Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a couple of videos...

In the first video I'm testing out my new Bayou Classic SQ14 burner and getting a feel for my mash tun temps (heat absorption).

In the second video, I ordered and installed a ball valve kit that I purchased from Bargain Fittings. TOP NOTCH! Can't say enough good about the product, price and fast shipping!

If you want to read a little more or see my other posts about home brewing experience, CLICK HERE to visit my blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video on installing the ball valve, wish I had seen it a couple of weeks ago before I installed mine. I'm not very good at following directions so assumed the 2 silicone o-rings were used, one inside, other outside, of course I had a small leak. Then after reading the directions on BargainFittings' site, I realized one was a spare. You also have a good explanation on how to determine where to drill the holes on the keg.

Great videos! I have an almost identical setup and will be doing my first AG batch next week...I'd love to see a video of your brew day...

Man... I need a drill with more balls. I'm trying to drill into my keg and it's a royal PITA!

Yeah it makes a difference.. i just had a 3/8" electric drill and a new bit and it only took like less than a minute to drill it out?

Using some sort of coolant on your bit will help too! Makes a big difference!!

Yeah it makes a difference.. i just had a 3/8" electric drill and a new bit and it only took like less than a minute to drill it out?

Using some sort of coolant on your bit will help too! Makes a big difference!!

A dull step-bit and a cordless drill was recipe for disaster. :)

I borrowed a corded drill and it ripped right through.

I can't seem to manage to get my ball valve tight enough though... I ordered mine from morebeer.com (I know, it was before I saw the bargainfittings site) and it doesn't have a locknut on the interior side so I can't get a good grip on the coupling.

A dull step-bit and a cordless drill was recipe for disaster. :)

I borrowed a corded drill and it ripped right through.

I can't seem to manage to get my ball valve tight enough though... I ordered mine from morebeer.com (I know, it was before I saw the bargainfittings site) and it doesn't have a locknut on the interior side so I can't get a good grip on the coupling.

Actually I didn't tighten mine all the way either.. I was sure I had read somewhere that over tightening would cause leaks?? I can actually take the valve and turn it with my hand pretty easy. I mean it's not way loose, but enough that I can turn it. And no leaks!!

If you haven't already, just get it as tight as you can and toss some water in there and let it sit for a bit to see if you have any drips...

Latest posts

Back