strawberry and raspberry concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krausen89

Reaction score
So ive just been given a couple 5 gal buckets of concentrate...some strawberry some raspberry and im wondering how much wine a 5gal bucket of concentrate would make.

So ive been reading and says 64oz concentrate will make 5gal. So one 5 gal bucket will make 50 gal? Does that sound right?

I use 46fl oz of Welche's concentrate for a 1 gallon batch of wine but I add zero sugar and get an OG of about 1.080. So that comes to about 2.5 five gallon batches.

I use 46fl oz of Welche's concentrate for a 1 gallon batch of wine but I add zero sugar and get an OG of about 1.080. So that comes to about 2.5 five gallon batches.

Sorry that last part threw me off. Your saying if i use 46oz per gallon that will yield me 15 gallons?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Home Brew mobile app

I got 2.8 fivegal batches so im going to say around 15 gal for each bucket... i guess it depends how concentrated it is.... would i measure that in brix?

The concentrate is at 65 brix. Is that the same as what your using?

Sorry I missed your post prior to last. I am terrible at Brix readings but did a little googling and found a conversion from Brix to specific gravity and a few conversions later figured the specific gravity of the concentrate I use.

Your stuff has a SG of: 1.323
My stuff has a SG of: 1.328

So pretty much the same. I hope that helps.

Thank you. That does help. How does your wine turn out not using any sugar? Have you made any with sugar. If so how would you compare them? Still not sure what i am going to do. Strawberry wine sounds good but might mix in some other juices.

Yes I have made with and without sugar. The without sugar recipe seems to be more heavily bodied with a better mouthfeel. Also I notice that it has less alcohol hot without any aging. Two wines side by side one with let's say two cans of concentrate with sugar to a gravity of 1.080 and one with 4 cans and no sugar. I would want to bulk age the sugar wine at least another month or two before bottling and then a couple weeks into bottles before it has about the same alcohol hot level that my no sugar wine has after about 5-6 weeks.

Yes I have made with and without sugar. The without sugar recipe seems to be more heavily bodied with a better mouthfeel. Also I notice that it has less alcohol hot without any aging. Two wines side by side one with let's say two cans of concentrate with sugar to a gravity of 1.080 and one with 4 cans and no sugar. I would want to bulk age the sugar wine at least another month or two before bottling and then a couple weeks into bottles before it has about the same alcohol hot level that my no sugar wine has after about 5-6 weeks.

Have you ever measured/adjusted the ph? I am curious what ph strawberry wine is supposed to be. I am about to make it soon and wonder what additions i might need to purchase.

Sorry I have never done PH measurement/adjustments. Never felt like I needed to.

Back