Tri-centennial DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppymonkey

Reaction score
Straight from the pages of BYO magazine. I'll give this a try next brewday hopefully soon. Looks kind of like a suped up version of Bells two hearted.

OG 1.096
FG 1.021
IBU 106 SRM 11 ABV 10%

18lbs MO pale malt
1 lb Carared
30 AAU Centennial FWH
30 AAU Centennial 5 minutes
30 AAU Dry hop
Good neutral yeast like Notti or WLP001

Mash 148 degrees
Oxygenate the hell of it
Fermentation temp 70 ( yes it really says that)

I've made several 10% ABV beers with plain Ole Notti and no oxygen tank, but they all had a pound or two of simple sugars added to help dry them out. Press your luck if you like ( I will) , but remember this is a lot of ingredients. Happy Brewing :mug:

Let us know how it turns out, I just saw this come in the mail today. I thought it seemed like a bigger version of Two Hearted as well. I wonder though if it will have the same flavor as I don't see any hop additions in the flavor range, just bitterness and aroma. I feel like there is a lot of flavor contributed to Two Hearted from the Centennial hops. But maybe that is just me?

I've come to reevaluate what are actually flavor and aroma hops through my brewing experience and I consider anything that gets thrown into the boil to impart more flavor than aroma, especially when you consider the time it takes to cool. I only see dry hops as imparting true aroma without adding much flavor but that is just my experience.

I've come to reevaluate what are actually flavor and aroma hops through my brewing experience and I consider anything that gets thrown into the boil to impart more flavor than aroma, especially when you consider the time it takes to cool. I only see dry hops as imparting true aroma without adding much flavor but that is just my experience.

I'm with bottlebomber. I love how much aroma I get from adding ****-tons of hops in secondary, but I also like adding hops in the last 10 mins and after flameout. What can I say? I love hops!

I hope this beer turns out well. Post some pics of the finished product.

Cheers!

I'll take pics from brew day. The recipe actually says 4-5 weeks from brewday to bottle/Keg, but it will be more like 3 months in my system. Luckily I just picked up a temp controller so this will be a good beer to test it on.

Thinking about brewing this one next weekend. Any updates on how it came out?

Thinking about brewing this one next weekend. Any updates on how it came out?

It came out well. The only issue I had was I had changed out my mash tun and missed my gravity by a full ABV point. ( 9%) I also dry hopped with amarillo instead of centennial. It dried out nicely and made for a nice IIPA. I especially love how dry it is. (1.016)

Latest posts

Back