Day old water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
So in an attempt to make the brew day a little shorter I was thinking about measuring out my mash water and leaving it in the pot overnight so in the morning I start heating it up first thing. It would save me about 15 min but that is still some time. Would there be a problem with this? I know if you leave tap water out for too long it gets kinda funky.

That's what I do. I get my water ready the day before so I just have to turn on the heat when I'm ready to heat my HLT.

Standing overnight might be the best thing if you have chlorine in your water since it can dissipate overnight.

sweet! I might even get my sparge water ready so I do not have to do any measuring

I get my water ready the day before so I just have to turn on the heat when I'm ready to heat my HLT.
Same here. I have one of those small extra spigots off to the side of the kitchen sink that passes through a single skinny GE filter. It does a good job, but the flow rate is really slow. Getting water ready the night before saves me time on brewday.

Latest posts

Back