Heading up to NYC August 26-30th where to go!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgilmour

Reaction score
I saw a thread back in 2007-2009 about places to go in NYC, but nothing new since then. So HBT, where should I go? I've never been to NYC so I'm looking to find some delicious brews and a good atmosphere! :mug:

Good beer nyc- 6 taps but 300 or so reatil. Rattle n hum. Gingerman. Whole foods in the Bowery- retail
Stay away from Chelsea Brewing Company; took a tour and the brewery is digustingly dirty.

Definitely try to go to Brooklyn Brewery. Chelsea is only so-so. If looking for lunch, Heartland is ok, but I'd skip them for dinner. Burp Castle and McSorley's are nice little bars too. Gingerman is the most taps in the city I believe.

Thanks Kahler!

No problem. How long will you be in town?

I would stay away from the heartland in union square; my wife and i both got food poisoning there a couple months ago...and we did not eat the same things either.

I cannot stress it enough, stay away from Chelsea Brewing Co. They use kitty litter tubs for their blow off tubes. I know its just a blow off, but c'mon, homedepot buckets are only $5 even in NYC. Drain flies in both the bar and the brewery.

As stated above, definitely go to the Brooklyn Brewery!!
Also, a few others i missed :
The Blind Tiger
Bohemian Beer Hall (Astoria Queens)
Pony Bar
Sunswick (Asotira, Queens)

There's a great beer bar, Valhalla on 54th and 9th? Also, down the street there's Brickhouse which has great burgers.

Where are you staying?

Staying at the W in upper east or something not sure off the top of my head. The little woman and do got Dave Matthews caravan tix and since there aren't any good bands that come on until R pm Friday and Saturday we are going to have to find something to do ;)

Unfortunately, I didn't make it up due to the hurricane :( I need to visit soon before all the snow tho, so I'm sure it'll be within the next month or so.

I dont know if anyone mentioned Rattle n Hum, but they got a good beer list. Just bring a bottle of lube, cuz youre gonna get it there.

Latest posts

Back