Sanke Spear disassemble?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberwollf

Reaction score
looking to get a good clean on a sanke spear. I have found how to take the spring and top parts off, but can you take the rubber and ball out? How do you clean your spears?

Yea you can take that rubber and ball out, there is also a spring in there. I had to soak mine in hot water for a while. Then i had to wrap a rag around the rubber piece and pry it off with a pair of channel locks.

Do you guys normally take it out or just soak the whole spear in oxy and then sanitize?

Yeah, what Cyberwollf said (ok, fine: "...8 years ago" :) ) Still: same question -- do y'all normally disassemble the spear to clean, or just soak the whole thing in a tub?

Also: anyone got a link to a good no-metal brush that's long enough to reach through the spear? Looking for something like a silicon bottlebrush, but with a 24" handle. No metal because I don't want to risk scratching the spear interior.

Thanks!

anyone got a link to a good no-metal brush that's long enough to reach through the spear?
My solution to this was to take a 3" strip off a ScotchBrite pad and wrap it around the end of a wooden dowel. I secured it to the dowel with some staples from a staplegun and then tapped them flush as I could with a hammer to prevent the metal scraping the inside of the spear. Works great!

Back