Big Brew Weekend - FRIDAY the 13th!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverfrontbrewer

Reaction score
So who is brewing this weekend, and what are you brewing?

Wifey and I will do a 5 gal AG of Oatmeal Stout Friday AM, a 5 gal AG Honey Brown clone (not as much honey as the original) Friday PM. Then a 5 gal extract batch on Sat or Sun of a Northern Brewer American Lager kit.

Never had enough temp control to lager, but I now have a 52 bottle wine chiller w/digital temp control from 40-68 degrees!

Then since I am off Thanksgiving week (and she is unemployed!) we will be doing 10 gal AG of an APA, 10 gal AG of a American Brown ( half will be turned into somewhat of a New Belgium Frambozen clone) and at least one more TBD.

So whats everyone else doing over the next week or two?

humann- During tax season I work about 3 months straight with very little "extra" time, so whatever I make between now and mid Jan has to last us until the next big brew day on Aptil 16th!

And another reason for all of the stockpiling, my only New Years resolution is to drink only homebrew for as long as possible...no commercial brews at home....

that is alot of brewing! i'm brewing up a stout on Sunday morning it looks like.

humann- During tax season I work about 3 months straight with very little "extra" time, so whatever I make between now and mid Jan has to last us until the next big brew day on Aptil 16th!

And another reason for all of the stockpiling, my only New Years resolution is to drink only homebrew for as long as possible...no commercial brews at home....

Glad to hear that, good luck and it sounds like you have a really fun weekend planned :mug:

I'll likely be brewing a brown ale, but not sure if Friday or Sat. A friend is coming over Sat, so I'll probably hold off until then Maybe spend Friday afternoon getting ready.

I really should brew 2 beers though. I got lots of hops and I could stand to have an IPA on tap...

I was gonna do Ed's Robust Porter on Sunday but my order didn't ship so looks like I may have to push it back to next week sometime. Oh well. You all have fun brewing!

ooohhh crap!! Friday is the thirteenth I better go to the store ... My 28th wedding anniversary is Saturday. Don't want SWNBO pissed off I need to brew this weekend.....:)

Hmm . . . I have an extract witbier kit that I'll do on Friday or Saturday to contribute to the spirit of your Big Brew Weekend!

Bottling my Irish Red and brewing Ed's Robust porter this weekend.

Mid-week I'm bottling my American amber and brewing Ed's Haus Pale (PM).

Next weekend I'm bottling my first batch of Apfelwein and starting another. Hmmmm.....

well, i wasn't planning on brewing this weekend... but i guess i can do a house brown ale. i mean, might as well, i've brewed every saturday since the beginning of october already.

I just scored some carboys off of CL so I was gonna get a patch of Ed's Apfelwein going. Wasn't planning on brewing, but I think it might be worth it to crank out a 10 gallon batch so that my pipeline is full. Probably get the apfelwein going on Fri/13, but waiting to brew till saturday since the family will be leaving me anyways bc/of college football. Now I just need to figure out what to brew. Was thinking of some kind of holiday beer or an attempt at Southern Tier Pumking clone.

Better hope your kegging with all that beer your going to have ready in a couple of months. I will be brewing BM's Centennial blonde tomorrow. Next weekend I will be brewing an Arrogant Bastard clone, that I will be oaking. Hopefully it will be ready by New Years so I can try out my new kegging system (fingers crossed).

Picked up some rice hulls tonight. I have the ingredients for an ESB ready to go but I just brewed an oatmeal stout, pumpkin ale and two batches of fresh squeezed cider. Maybe in a week for the ESB.

10 gallons of oatmeal stout (9 actually, since grain + water for 10 won't fit in the mlt). I'll be using the yeast from 10 gal of mild I made two weeks ago (Wyeast London Ale and London ESB).

I'll be making a batch of Tampa Red Ale tomorrow or Sunday. See how tomorrow develops.

Brewing 6 gal. of Russian Imperial Stout on Sunday for a Boubon Barrel I just bought. Pretty excited about this one.

I'm working on an ESB right now. I doughed in a little hot, but that's why I do an intermediate rest before hitting mash temp. ;)

I'm splitting off 1 gallon to dose with lavender and cascade aroma hops; the other 5 gallons get EKG.

I am gonna brew a 2 1/2 gallon batch of Cream Ale. This will be my first brew outside :ban: ...just bought a propane burner the other day.. My Pregnant wife is so glad I will no longer be brewing inside the house....she would come home from work when I was brewing and yell out " OMG, The whole house smells like dog food!!"

Back