Hockey Rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
Three point games are bullkaka.

If one game can be worth a total of three points, they all should be worth three points.

Win in regulation = 3 pts

OT or shootout win = 2 pts

OT or shootout loss = 1 pt

The shootout is absolute kaka, but it's likely here to stay. The media and hockey noobs love it.

Three point games are bullkaka.

If one game can be worth a total of three points, they all should be worth three points.

Win in regulation = 3 pts

OT or shootout win = 2 pts

OT or shootout loss = 1 pt

The shootout is absolute kaka, but it's likely here to stay. The media and hockey noobs love it.

I could go with that scoring system - its a bit similar to soccer (3pts for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss). I'll have to admit, that I do like the shootout though, although I think an extra 5 minute period of 3-on-3 OT would be equally as awesome.

Sorry stopped watching and lost interest in hockey after the strike, that and with DTV I don't get many flyers games now. But I agree, a win is a win it just came down to two players.
In Philly thay had this thing before the game called "keys to the game" where they would discuss what the team had to do to win. I always thought that if you removed the players names it would sound like this "If team X could just get the puck in the net of team Y and keep team Y from getting the puck in their net team X could probably win this game" Da

I watched the pens game that went into five overtimes. Way too long of a game. If you're not going to declare ties official, there needs to be something. So there's the shootout.

But i think the OT should be 10 minutes, or even a full period, then go to shootout.

B

I personally like the shootout. But I think that 5 min OT is too short. Give them 10 minutes 4-4. I don't have a problem with the scoring system. What difference does it make? The winning team gets an extra point and the losing team doesn't. They get a single point for being good enough to tie the game in regulation.

You're just now complaining about this?

Back