Any really good APA recipe out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djbradle

Reaction score
I'm not a super fan of hoppy beers but I'm willing to try out an APA because I have some Falconer's flight hops I'd like to use. I've heard they're really good.

I've seen Yooper's APA on the forum. I haven't tried it.. but.. the reviews are great. I'm going to do it as my first AG. I still have a couple of extract with grains to get rid of before I move on to AG.. and I'm still patching my equipment together. Few more months and I'll start doing 3G batches. Looking forward to that recipe trial.

Edwort's haus pale ale has gotten fantastic reviews on here, and I even saw it as a "top ten best homebrew recipes" somewhere.

APA is a great style to brew a SMASH beer. Falconer's Flight is a great dual use hop, so you could do something like 10 lbs of Two Row or Vienna with three 0.75 hops additions of Falconer's Flight at 60, 15, and 5. Great way to showcase the hop!

I make a simple BIAB Amarillo Pale Ale. Disappears as fast as I can make it. Falconers should work too.
10 lbs 2 row
8 oz Cara-pils
8 oz Crystal 60l
.5 oz Columbus @ FW
1 oz Amarillo @ 20 and flameout
US-05 washed yeast

APA is a great style to brew a SMASH beer. Falconer's Flight is a great dual use hop, so you could do something like 10 lbs of Two Row or Vienna with three 0.75 hops additions of Falconer's Flight at 60, 15, and 5. Great way to showcase the hop!

Here's what I came up with last night . .btw thanks fr your input guys!

APAche

8.0 gallon batch
og - 1055
fg - 1015
7 srm
30.8 ibu's
5.3% abv

14 lbs. Two-row pale
1 lb. crystal 60
1 lb. carapils

60 min. .75 FF
15 min. .75 FF
5 min. .5 FF

S-04 yeast

Edwort's haus pale ale has gotten fantastic reviews on here, and I even saw it as a "top ten best homebrew recipes" somewhere.

I definitely noticed that one as well as Biermuncher's . . looked really good.

That grainbill should get you into the 1.070 range. Maybe you should call it an IAPA?

Yup 5 gallons is just not worth the time much anymore. Just did my first 5 gallon AG saison and man it tastes amazing only after a week but I only get 10 bombers out of it since my brother bought the ingredients after I fashioned the recipe and commissioned me to brew it. Next time I'll know better after a five hour brew day to take the lion rather than the angel share!

Back