Left-overs suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrVix

Reaction score
I have 6 lbs of Golden Light DME and about 4 oz. of Willamette hops left over that I would like to use up. Anyone got a simple extract recipe that will fit this.

Looks like you've got everything you need for a basic SMaSH Pale Ale. Use all 6lbs of the DME and 2-3oz of the hops for 60min (or 2 for 60 and the other 2 for 15 if you want more IBUs). Brew it up and you have a nice Pale Ale.

Sometimes simple is best.

3lb gold DME 60min
3lb gold DME late addition (10min or so)

hops:
1oz willamette 60min
1oz willamette 20min
2oz willamette 0min

thats what i would do!!!

if you had other grains available, willamette hops make great brown ales and stouts.

Well I followed "mewithstewpid" recipe suggestion. Wow! I just cracked open one of this left-over batch. Its been in the bottle for over a month. Nice aroma, nice kinda spicey up-front hop note. I kinda wish it were a little maltier but all in all its pretty dam good. Thank you!!!

Well I followed "mewithstewpid" recipe suggestion. Wow! I just cracked open one of this left-over batch. Its been in the bottle for over a month. Nice aroma, nice kinda spicey up-front hop note. I kinda wish it were a little maltier but all in all its pretty dam good. Thank you!!!

haha, awesome! what can i say other than i will in fact accept samples!

joking, but glad that you enjoy your brew.

Back