One day I'll learn...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tidehouse

Reaction score
to handle DME without making a giant sticky mess of everything! I feel like a little child with sticky fingers. As soon as it leaves the bag it floats effortlessly through the air and when it contacts anything with .0001% moisture it forms a hardened sugary crust that covers my kitchen. When I put it away in a ziplock bag, out of habit, I pressed the air out of the bag shooting dme all over my HTB book and now the pages are all sticky too! :mad:

It drives me nuts too. Like you said as soon as it finds any moisture it turns into that goop like when you get cotton candy wet. Another reason to go all grain! :D

I agree, but all grain has its dust too. The only difference is that you typically don't grind the grain in the house or use the kitchen stove.

Worst is, after clean up, I find myself licking my fingers like an eight year old "cleaning up" cake batter.

Back