Building propane plumbing for brew system!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its pretty easy just get black pipe (i was told not to use galvinized) and alot of yellowe ptfe tape or something. THe hardest part is getting all of the flare fitting put together but the best place to find those fittings is below all the yellow nat gas supply lines. Oh and the gas ball valves are not the best i have one and its very difficult to control the flame through the ball valve. My regulator has a check valve and if i open the valve to the banjo burner too fast is shuts the tank down.

A needle valve is what you want instead of a ball valve I believe. It'll give you finer control.

(slight hijack) Is there any problem with using 1/2" transitions since the propane fittings are all 1/4"

tbulger said:
but the best place to find those fittings is below all the yellow nat gas supply lines. Oh and the gas ball valves are not the best i have one and its very difficult to control the flame through the ball valve. My regulator has a check valve and if i open the valve to the banjo burner too fast is shuts the tank down.

Where is best place to find the fittings? SO what valves would be better to get? Thanks for the help. My lazy ass will prolly just have someone do it for me.haha Oh mine will most likely be 2 tier if that matters?haha

Any hardware store has black pipe look in the plumbing section. Just decide how much you need and try to plan it out first or you will be back and forth too many times.

Be careful about using pipe. The placement of your burners is very important and because of the way that pipe is threaded together, it can be very unforgiving. I used rigid copper tubing and flareless connectors. It was much easier to work with and there is more room for error.

DO you have any pics? I am still screwing around w/ my system till I know it's exactly where and how I want it till I make everything permanent.

Latest posts

Back