Master's Championship of Amateur Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a beer in there, but I don't think the results will be posted tonight. This is the e-mail I got from John, the organizer, on Wednesday:

There were some problems with an old shipping address appearing on the MCAB XV registration page (the Upper Mississippi Mash Out ship-to address). As a result, some entries got shipped to that incorrect address. And as a result of that, it is necessary to postpone the MCAB XV event until the weekend of May 24 – 25 in order to try to account for all the entries and make sure they all get judged. We apologize for the delay.

John

Maybe the e-mail went to your spam folder? The website doesn't seem to be updated all that frequently, so I'm not surprised there isn't any information there. I think John is doing a pretty good job of keeping everybody informed, but I get the impression that he doesn't have a ton of help leading up to the big event.

But that's just my impression.

Nice, congratulations. No medals for me this year, but I'll enjoy seeing the feedback when it comes.

Just got my scoresheets back. While the score for my cream ale was very respectable - 39 - I was pretty surprised by the feedback provided, or I should say lack thereof. I received the BJCP beer checklist from each judge, not the usual beer scoresheet, and between the two checklists, had a total of *one* comment: "slightly higher DMS than it should".

Is this what the rest of you received? On the BJCP website the description of the checklist says "If used as a substitute scoresheet, judges must provide additional written feedback in the comments section to justify the scores awarded and to amplify checkmarked notations." The fact that this form was used, and no additional comments were provided seems a bit lazy and weak. Is this what MCAB usually does? I would have expected higher quality feedback than a usual competition, not lower...

I was supposed to enter my Saison, but couldn't work it in among my NHC brews. In retrospect, I'm happy I didn't from all the emails, it looks to have been a clusterf***.

Sketer, any chance your porter was that coconut porter you all got gold for at Hardywood? Man, that was good!

Looking forward to trying it. I'm the bald guy who drove up from VA Beach about a month ago to buy 4-5 sacks of grain. Loved your shop & will be ordering from you all after we get back from Philly.

See you there!

Latest posts

Back