Big green egg guys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading from my Weber and wanting to go to this style grill. What are yall seeing for prices on the large eggs. A dealer for them by my house sells the large for right under 1,000 is that about right? What kind of prices do you see at the egg fest? (just wondering if it is worth waiting)

Also anyone use http://www.bigsteelkeg.com/? Its about half the price.

I think I am more than likely going to go with the BGE just because I don't want to buy twice.

Well just found the info on the egg fest looks like its about 250 bucks cheaper and the extra large is 350 cheaper. humm but pretty sure I would burn about that much diesel going up to the fest.

Another question how hard is taking the BGE on the road? I camp a lot and would like to be able to load it up in my truck.

It depends on the size. You wont want to move the large or xl more than once! I have a ceramic the size of the large and it weighs about 175 lbs and seems fragile.

I wouldn't want to move my large, but some competition teams cook on them so they must be doing it. Maybe google one and send an email.

I'm in Duluth MN. I starting calling around to dealers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and the cheapest I found was $750.00. That is for the egg alone (no stand). I called the local dealer and told him what I could get it for down in the cities (180 miles away) and he matched the price. There is definitely room to negotiate.

Most retail around here for $750 for a large. The dealers will work with you and maybe throw in a nest if you need it or some accessories. There's more than one Eggfest besides the Mothership in Atlanta. There's dealers throughout the country that host them and most in turn offer demo eggs and a nice discount. Some do a demo egg (used at the eggfest or maybe just on display at the fest and not used by a cook) with the nest and platesetter and/or some other accessories for that $750 give or take. Saving $100+ by buying an egg that was only used for a couple hours by a griller is a pretty nice deal. Check egghead forum.com for a list of other Eggfests.

Back