Boston Microbrew Bachelor Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hop

Reaction score
I have been chosen as my cousin's best man. Neither of us have a brother, so we are both the brother the other never had. He is the one that got me started as a homebrewer. I am in the planning stages of his bachelor party. He's told me that he would like to have a party centered around craft beer and microbreweries. I am gonna try to get a tour set up at Sam Adams as well as Harpoon to start off. I'm also thinking maybe Cambridge Brewing Co as well as Boston Beer Works. I plan to rent a party bus to get us all around and make reservations for dinner at a brewpub or beer bar somewhere.

Do any of you have any recommendations for brewpubs/beer bars in the Boston area that we could have dinner at or even make one of our stops in our beer crawl? Outside of Boston would be fine too. Like I said, we will have a party bus to cart us around.

Thanks for your help.

well, you know the sunset (and the pool hall)? might be a fun stop.
when you call the breweries for reservation/confirmation, ask em who they sell to that would be good?

Sam Adams will refer you to Doyle's where if you order a Sam Adams beer there you get to keep the glass. Doyle's isn't too bad and has been the set of a couple films apparently (you'll hear about it during the tasting) Besides that, I've heard Blue Hills Brewery does tours on Friday and Saturday. It's apparently not much of a tour, just a tasting of several brews. I haven't been to Harpoon yet or Cambridge Beer Co.

Two more places
Rockbottom Restaurant & Brewery in the theatre district http://www.rockbottom.com/beers-rock-bottom
John Harvards in Cambridge
http://www.johnharvards.com/brews.shtml

I have been to the John Harvards in Providence, aka Union St Brewery, and there beers are pretty good but it's not as laid back as others. Both of those places seem more like sit down, chill out places rather than walk around, play pool, etc. As an earlier stop for dinner they wouldn't be bad.

Start by heading over to Marty's liquors in Newton and get all the great craft beer you can buy. Trust me, they have everything and more... Then the Foxy lady is only an hour away in Providence.:D Then it's a quick trip south to foxwood's and roll some bones. Ahhhh, memories...

Prostitution behind closed doors is no longer legal in Rhode Island. Why would they go there?!

Who's talking Prostitution?? I'm just talking about a couple of lap dances for the guy. Add some great beer and maybe some gambling..That's not a bad last night of freedom. Of course, when I had my bachelor party I was in my late twenties.

The Sunset Grille in Allston. The Publick House in Brookline. American Craft in Brookline. Redbones in Somerville. .....and if you are going to Providence....Fantasies is the BEST :D

If I were in the neighborhood of Sam Adams, I'd skip Doyles and hit up either James Gate or Brendan Behan...I prefer them to Doyles. I've spent a fair amount of time at Doyles though, so I'm not saying its bad or anything.

James Gate and Behan are smaller, pub-like locations, patrons are a good mix of people...hipsters from the neighborhood, carpenters/workingmen, from the neighborhood, some other folks. Doyles tends to be a bit touristy and more like a big dining room/restaurant feel.

All what you are looking for.

The Sunset Grille in Allston. The Publick House in Brookline. American Craft in Brookline. Redbones in Somerville. .....and if you are going to Providence....Fantasies is the BEST :D

lol...You are right sir, Fantasies is the best. I haven't been down there in awhile. I've got to get down there....

If you're going to be in Boston, DEFINITELY go to Lord Hobo in Cambridge. Prices are a little bit higher, but the beer list is amazing, and their food is great.

Also, a +1 for the Brendan Behan Pub, in Jamaica Plain...some more info on it: it's a slightly divey neighborhood bar, but they have a great beer list, and there's no kitchen, so you can bring in your own food (hooray drunken chinese food from across the street while you're still drinking) and people can bring their dogs in too, which is fun.

And a +1 to Redbones and Publick House

Latest posts

Back