Game 7: Lakers/Celtics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly I didn't think they were going to push the Celtics this far, but now that they have, I have to agree that they have a better chance of taking it. I just didn't think they were hungry enough.

Is there any way that the Lakers lose this game? I say no, but I hope Im wrong!
I think there is but losing Perkins is a significant hit. But they still have Pierce, Allen, KG, Rondo (and Shrek and Donkey). Maybe Sheed has a big game.

Seems Kobe's 'legacy' could be greatly affected by this game. Big difference between him not playing well and the Lakers losing vs. him getting another ring plus a another finals MVP.

They haven't been talking it up much but I would imagine Celtics fans would REALLY love to prevent the Zen-master (or Zen-bag depending on your POV) from getting one for the big toe.

Go Lakers!

Living in Lipstick city, I'm looking forward to celebrating the Lakers victory tonight in game 7 with a few bombers including Karl Strauss 21st anniversary ale :)

GO PAU GO!!!!

The fact that Boston made it to a game 7 in L.A. is pretty amazing, considering how their season went and who they had to play in the playoffs to get here.

That being said, if game 6 would've been closer, I think L.A. would win game 7 in a rout. However, the old dudes on the C's seem to respond well following blow outs.

Though the Lakers looked great last game and the C's looked like your average CYO team, I can honestly say I have no idea what will happen tonight. Playing without Perkins will be tough for the Celtics, but Gasol's been pretty much hit-or-miss throughout these playoffs (and his whole career, to be honest). So if Big Baby comes through and Rasheed doesn't throw up too many 3-point bricks or give up too many technical free throws, it might not make much of a difference.

In my opinion, the real difference tonight will be Paul Pierce. You know Kobe's going to have a huge game, and probably Gasol. But both of those guys can play great and the Lakers can still lose if the rest of the team just sits around. Pierce is really the only Celtic (other than maybe Rondo, but he just doesn't have enough experience on this level yet) who can put the Celtics on his back.

So ... my prediction: if Pierce scores over 30, Celtics win. If not, Lakers.

Don't forget about Odom..he hasn't had a huge game yet this series. He's due to show up and show up BIG! Also, D. Fischer is lethal in clutch games...you'll see him do his thing tonight from downtown!

I hate Boston! BoSox,Bruins, and Celtics.

Don't forget about Odom..he hasn't had a huge game yet this series. He's due to show up and show up BIG! Also, D. Fischer is lethal in clutch games...you'll see him do his thing tonight from downtown!

I hate Boston! BoSox,Bruins, and Celtics.

Thats because he fu**ing sucks; I wouldn't expect a thing from that piece of trash

So, my wife was asking me why the C's lost so bad in game 6, so I started talking about a bunch of things, including Kobe getting penetration whenever he wanted, and I got to thinking, that's kinda Kobe's M.O., isn't it?

So, my wife was asking me why the C's lost so bad in game 6, so I started talking about a bunch of things, including Kobe getting penetration whenever he wanted, and I got to thinking, that's kinda Kobe's M.O., isn't it?

ZING!!

As much as I hate all NE teams, I hate the Lakers even more.

I didn't know why until recently because I used to be a Laker fan.
It's Kobe. He just ruins it for me.

So, Go Celtics!!

Plus, KG seems like a pretty decent guy....

Thats because he fu**ing sucks; I wouldn't expect a thing from that piece of trash

Well that "peice of trash" is a world fawkin CHAMPION!!!!!! FAWK BOSTON!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA

LIPSTICK CITY REPEATS AS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!! "Threepeat" is NEXT!!!!

ZING!!

As much as I hate all NE teams, I hate the Lakers even more.

I didn't know why until recently because I used to be a Laker fan.
It's Kobe. He just ruins it for me.

So, Go Celtics!!

Plus, KG seems like a pretty decent guy....

Hate all you want! LAKERS proved who the best team in the WORLD is!:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Weird series. You never knew who was gonna be the difference maker from game-to-game and last night was no exception. Whoda thunk Artest would be the MVP of Game 7? Other than some of his typ 3-pt bricks he played great and hit the biggest shot of the game.

Perkins was missed and the rebounding showed it. The Celtics were outplaying the Lakers badly in the first half but the Lakers defense and rebounding kept them in it.

I hope they play a rubber-match between these two teams next year and hopefully everybody's healthy. Then again...who knows if Doc or Phil are even there next year.

Latest posts

Back