Help with Lager Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager_brewer

Face down on the floor
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all I have a question. I have had this Munic Dunkel in secondary for atleast 2 weeks at approx 54 degrees. I was sure it was ready to bottle. So this morning I brought it into my kitchen which it approx 68 degrees and I come home and it is fermenting again the air lock is moving. What do I do? Thanks for the help!!

Additional information would be helpful here. what was the OG? What temps did it ferment out at? What is your terminal gravity? What yeast did you use, and what is the recommended fermentation temperature range?

At any rate, you should probably get it bottled. The upside is it sounds like you have unknowingly done a diacetyl rest. Get that stuff in bottles.:mug:

What is the proper way to take a sample for FG reading. Can I use my sterlized turky bater to extract enough to fill my 100ml cylinder to obtain the reading? Thanks for the great advice.

That should be plenty, what little additional fermentation that happened is natural when dealing with lagers. I would wait 2 more days, leaving the dunkel at room temp, and then bottle.

eager_brewer said:
My FG 1.016 is this ok>

1.016 could be the FG of the beer. But that's why I have become such a big fan of the forced ferment test for lagers because that would be able to tell you what FG you can expect from the beer.

Kai

Back