The worst

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
So Thursday I get off work and head to the gym- Hit the treadmill and all the sudden dont feel right. I finish it out and head home. Immediately I get the chills- I head to bed and sleep for a few hours. Long enough to wake up and make it to the bathroom to puke my guts out. Food I had eaten 10+ hrs ago. Talk about hardcore dryheaves until I got the payoff.
So I spend the night shivering and feeling like my intestines exploded. I was seriously gonna head to the ER cause I though I might have an appendix burst.

Well I feel better today- but only about 10% better and I can keep some food down. Still Ive only eaten a totinas pizza and thats it for the last 36hrs.

But here I am Posting away bitches!

Tougher and sicker in Alaska!

You might feel its a waste of valuable brewing resources but hop tea helps me whenever my stomach is screwed up. I take just a few cones of homegrown chinook steep them in hot but not boiling water for 5-10minutes and add just enough honey to balance the bitterness.

Several years ago a similar sickness hit my wife and at the same time. The really bad part is we were living in a 1 bathroom apartment at the time. We had to take turns with the toilet and the sink. If memory serves the garbage can got some use too, it was not pretty.

Hang in there Mike!

i had that on the way back from my desert trip last weekend, but i think it was a combination of alcohol poisoning and pork.

i recently discovered that ever time i eat pork i get sick. i think i'm allergic to it.

Jesus man. Save the Party Pizza. If you're gonna ralph don't honk up a Party Pizza. That' my college Alma Mater. :D

Aside from possible man-on-moose-action-induced sickness it's probably just a little flu, be a man and wait till it passes. I always use the chance to not eat anything for a week, helps lose some weight too ;)

I had the same thing starting Thursday night also, but due to the fact that my wife was in the hospital (bad appendix) I had to get the 2 kids off to school Friday morning. I believe it was two of the worst days I've had in a long time. I've been able to eat a little today(toast and a Pop-Tart but that's it since Thursday), but it has turned me into a fart machine( my welcome home un-present for the wife).

heh- I feel much better. Did a little work on the bathroom but i turned into a sweat ball instantly. I am not better yet!

A few years ago, on Valentines night, the SWMBO wakes up in the wee hours of the morning puking her guts out, feverish, can't walk, etc. I take the one-year old kid downstairs and toss him into the bed with his grandmother/my mother-in-law and haul her to the hospital.

While they are checking her out, MY room starts spinning and the docter says I am looking kinda funny. Why don't you lie down over in this bed and fill out some more forms? It was food poisoining from the romantic, over-priced, over-rushed, under-cooked, POS resturaunt we visited earlier that day. Bastards. We didn't even enjoy it that much!

Thank God for the mother-in-law! She kept the kid, fixed us clear liquids, and kept a lid on things while I crawled up and down the stairs for two days! Come Monday it was over.

Here's hoping you just have a temporary problem and it isn't any worse than ours!

Seven years ago, it was Chik-Fil-A for breakfast and Arby's for lunch... About 3pm, told my trainee that we were packing up and going home... Told boss I was leaving and I would be back when it was over... Went home and after 9 hours flip-flopping opposite ends on the throne, I felt and looked like a bulimic baboon w/ the red butt... Still took three days before all was functioning on a 'normal' level..

Then three years later, similar symptoms, and ended up in hospital with emergency appendectomy....

:ban:

Back