What are you brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
We are brewing an All grain Oatmeal Stout.
Just bought everything we need tonight. Pretty good price.
$35.00 for the whole batch.

Brewing Saturday night I believe.

What are you brewing this weekend? :mug:

wanted to brew edwort's haus pale ale as my FIRST all grain batch, but due to a screwup at the LHBS i have caravienne instead of vienna malt in my grain bill. I am either gonna take it back and see if they will fix it for me or brew it as is.

Needless to say, I am already screwed and i havent even started my brew yet. I've been looking forward to this day for weeks now. :(

wanted to brew edwort's haus pale ale as my FIRST all grain batch, but due to a screwup at the LHBS i have caravienne instead of vienna malt in my grain bill. I am either gonna take it back and see if they will fix it for me or brew it as is.

Needless to say, I am already screwed and i havent even started my brew yet. I've been looking forward to this day for weeks now. :(

Brew it. It'll be BeerPressure's haus pale ale.

I just put 10 gallons of water into my HLT...I'm not sure what I'm brewing yet, though. Whatever it turns out to be, I'm going to have to get another 6.5 gallon carboy to hold it. I MAY need another corny, too....

Arrogant Bastard clone this weekend. All 15 lbs of grain is ready to go, plus another couple of pounds of DME too boost the alcohol a little :)

Not sure, but something. I have a thread over in the recipes forum trying to figure out something to brew this weekend. I am really looking forward to brewing my Double IPA, but the ingredients I ordered won't be here until next week.

Ya im interested in brewing a Cream Ale. I like the recipe in "Brewing Classic Styles".
Maybe try that out sooner or later.

A lot of my friends aren't into the other beers that I brew, but they always at least taste it. So, I thought I would try a cream ale and see how they feel about it. Normally a BMC crowd pleaser. I dig the lighter side of beer every once in awhile too.

Orange Kolsch? might have to try that...

Ever since I started doing all grain I've gotten really into brewing every week, I never felt this way with extract brewing.

This weekend will be my 5th AG, a winter warmer,for those next few cold outdoor brews! Then Sunday I'll either be finishing my kegerator(I need to get the collar on) or brewing a Wit(6th AG) with Sorachi hops and grains of paradise.

Well I would love to Brew up a Sahti, that is if I can find Juniper twigs to lauter it onto. Most of the recipes I have found basically sound like a darker amber with wort hopping and juniper berries for flavor with a straining over juniper twigs.

chocolate stout. it will be my first stout.

and i have a stout faucet coming in the mail. is exciting times here. polishing a tower i got cheap, building a bar around a keezer i got on craigslist

Ive got an ESB and a Scottish 60/- in the works, and I think a small batch of Oatmeal Stout that I'll bottle with some cold-pressed blueberry coffee. Doing a tasting flight for my family at christmas, gonna progress from the Cider, 60/-, Red, ESB, Pale, and then finish it off with the Stout. Mmmm.

When making beer, you can never be "screwed". Also, with a decent recipe calculator, you can still calculate your efficiency regardless of what you are using. The only time I would get that "nit picky" was if I was brewing a clone beer, that I wanted to do a side by side comparison with of the commercial example.

I say brew it... Maybe your slight modification will cause the masses of HBT to start bewing 1000's of gallon's of BeerPressure's Haus Pale Ale!!!

In the words of Uncle Papazian "RDWAHAHB"

<...Sigh...>
BierMunchers Centennial Blond, and a West Coast Pale.
I'm going to be stuck with 10 kegs of beer and nothing over an 8 SRM if I'm not really careful!

I should be putting together some more Winter...ish beer together.

I'm making a Bitter

7lbs MO
6oz crystal 60L
6 oz torrified wheat
1 oz black malt

.5oz challenger
.5oz northdown 60
.25oz challenger
.25oz northdown 15
.25oz challenger
.25oz northdown 0

west yorkshire ale

og 1.043
ibu 34

waddya think? too much hop aroma for a bitter?

<...Sigh...>
BierMunchers Centennial Blond, and a West Coast Pale.
I'm going to be stuck with 10 kegs of beer and nothing over an 8 SRM if I'm not really careful!

I should be putting together some more Winter...ish beer together.

Well if you have too many kegs of beer, just send a few out here. I'll make sure they are emptied and cleaned before I return them ;).

Not sure if I'll brew this weekend, but I'm wanting to do an ESB or possibly a English Pale Ale.

it's not all grain as the category dictates, but I'm brewing an oatmeal stout tomorrow. My first batch isn't out of the secondary yet, but I couldn't wait to brew another one.

i will be brewing nothing this weekend. i will continue to stare at my schwarzbier in the primary, as it ferments slower than a fat guy rollerskating up a hill of pudding.

My order for a Cascade Orange APA will not be here today in time for a weekend brew :(

I am also waiting for the same order for another fermentor to throw in some Apfelwein.

Sunday i'm brewing a Mild. first time in a month i've been able to brew! I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

this is going to be a huge weekend for brewing related stuff.
I'm brewing both tonight and saturday night.
An all grain Oatmeal Stout (Jamil's recipe)
and a Best Bitter (still tweakin the recipe it will depend on which specialty grains the LHBS has)
I'm also racking a robust porter from secondary onto some Paddy Irish Whiskey soaked oak cubes.
Also kegging a 4th stab at a recipe for a house pale ale.

giddy-up.

Latest posts

Back