A year into Brewpastor's Water to Barley wine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Just realized it I was coming up on a year since I brewed this beer and did not realize how few I had left. :(

Appearance- Poured with a big head. Slightly over carbed. Crystal clear, dark red. Head sticks around until the end.

Aroma- very spicy aroma with a malt back ground. Really surprised the hop aroma stuck around this long. Some alcohol notes also.

Taste- Still have a slight alcohol bite to it, but I am drinking this pretty warm, which might explain some of it. Very malty, rich and spicy. Still has a decent hop bitterness, but has seemed to blend in with the malt. Defiantly has aged well and im sure it will be even better in years to come. Only down side is the hotness im getting from the Alcohol, I really thought it would dissipate by now.

Mouthfeel- Not as over carbed as the pour made it seem, but still could be knocked down a few notches. This beer is really thick and like a liquid meal. Defiantly a sipper beer.

Overall- Im just wishing I had more of this beer around, age has made it even better. Im down to a 6 pack of 12 oz. and 3 big bottles. Im planning on keeping the big bottles for 5, 10, and hopefully 15 years. The small ones will be used in between to make sure its still improving.

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0546.jpg

Thanks to Brewpastor for the great recipe.

Wow, a year already? Where does the time go? Be sure to keep at least one bottle to test with our 999

Yeah, my mistake, I was confusing it with his Dark Night of the Soul or whatever. Sorry. Late night last night. Not partying or anything...washing yeast :D

Ah, I remember my younger days...no kids, no responsibilities, stay out as late as I want partying, wash yeast whenever I feel the need...

Back