few bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddwin

Reaction score
this is day 30 after i bottled my beer. it tasted much better then my previous tastes at days 18 and 23, but i was very surprised that there werent very much bubbles being formed inside the beer. (there was carbonation and head though) Do you think more bubbles could be possible with further aging at 70 or has it carbonated as much as its going to and i should throw them in the fridge and start enjoying them?

well, on day 18, there was a huge head but the beer had no bubbles visibly forming inside the beer. at 23 you could start seeing just acouple bubbles inside the actual beer. today there was a decent number of bubbles forming but not as much as i would expect from a beer.

day 18 and 23 beers were actually the two bottles i filled last and were most at risk of getting some of the undesired content and when i poured both into glasses they had enough tiny white flakes on them that for day 30, when i grabbed a bottle that wasnt close at all to the end or beginning of the bottling process, i poured it through a strainer just to be safe.

Imperfections inside you glass will make more bubbles in your beer. If you really want more bubbles, try an older glass that may have more imperfections inside. Some companies are even selling beer glasses with the inside bottom "knurled" for that very purpose.

How long are you cooling your beer before opening? My first thought was that your beer might not have been cooled long enough for the CO2 to dissolve into the beer. Just a thought.

Back