Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an upcoming family reunion - Got to love a family coat of arms with topless mermaid for the crest......

Capture_Byrnes Reunion Red.jpg

Hello, all.

I wanted to introduce myself, and also show you all the first label I've made. I've been downloading photoshop for 2 hours, so I did this online at picmonkey.com. I just went all-grain and this is my first all-grain brew. It's a variation of the Zombie Dust Clone on here, only with some Simcoe to replace some of the Citra and Victory Malt added. Well, that's all I've got.

Happy Brewing!

Sonambulo8.jpg

What a great label. Excellent job. Where to you get your labels printed, or do you print them yourself? Interested in your process.

Thanks for your nice comment. I designed it myself in photoshop and typically just print them on my work laser printer. They always turn out nice and don't bleed.

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier - I wanna show off!

My labels look a bit different than a lot of yours - I have a smaller "square" label, and then a separate label for the neck. I might see if I can find the larger ones like you guys are using so that I could have a little variety. Anyways, here are a few of mine!

"High Test" Dopplebock (currently fermenting)
yOOSzv8l.jpg

"Bodacious Brother's Ale" Amber Ale with Paradise Seed
wNsPq8rl.jpg

(A lot of story into that label - the boys portrayed are my brother and I from many years ago.)

"Cooter's Apple Ale" Fruit Beer - being unveiled at the 2013 All-Chrysler National Car Show in Carlisle, PA
QFuk5col.jpg

"Poopy Diaper Ale" Creme Stout - brewed to celebrate the birth of our first child - that's her at less than one-day old on the neck label.
vpZPBLzl.png

"Mo' Porrin' Ale" Cream Ale (and quite a good one) that was introduced at last year's car show.
Ln5qHF6l.jpg

I design mine with Photoshop and then print them at the local Fedex Kinkos.

Since it was brewed during a particularly nasty rain storm, I present to you, Monsoon Porter!
574798_495147110542560_1678343167_n.jpg

I don't have a color printer at the moment, so I don't make color labels. The black&white usually does pretty good though.

I can do that if it's really necessary... but are people such prudes really that a bit of illustrated naked pixels are not safe for their work?

Depending on where they work, it may not be an issue of them being prudes but what their computer policy says. Causing someone to lose their job because you didn't 'NSFW' something would be a dick move for sure.

I can do that if it's really necessary... but are people such prudes really that a bit of illustrated naked pixels are not safe for their work?

It has nothing to do with being prudish, it has to do with being respectful of people that might work in more corporate or educational environments.

Easy to find the important one - Daisy! Maybe your next Bock, could be a Bach?:rockin:

Hurredly jots that down...

As this is a "Chrysler" car show that I attend annually, I'm always trying to think of new Mopar-related ideas. Dukes of Hazzard is a good source, but I would have never thought of that one... :)

Seriously I feel like an idiot, but I'm glad mcangeli pointed that out to me... My only defense is that it's been 30 years since I've seen an episode of that show... :)

Fixed:
m1o7le5.png

as an employer i'd say you're in more trouble for spending all day on the site instead of working, no matter what picture you were looking at. but that's just me. nice labels all keep it up.

Ummmmm pretty sure most jobs give you breaks to be able to browse sites like this. Therefore not interrupting valuable work time. I like the label. I also think you would have just as nice a label if she had a skimpy top on. Either way bitching about this (from either side) seems juvenile.

My .02

Figured I should label this one as it tasted so much better than anything else I've made to this point. Pau Hana means "done work"...it's the Hawaiian's version of quittin' time. The beer tastes so tropical I thought it seemed fitting! Anything I should add, remove, etc? Typos before I go to print?

Updater5.jpg

No worries, I've unsubscribed to this thread so you can continue (or not) to discuss (what I thought was) a done subject if you wish, but I won't participate in this thread any longer.

Cheers.

NSFW Labels - Please do not post labels with bare breasts or other nudity here or in any other technical thread. Linking to another site with a warning that it is NSFW is fine, or if you are a supporting member, posting in that other forum is a good solution.

As for the sniping about NSFW being for people who are prudes, etc., that is not accurate. There are workplace considerations, there are also members who read the forums with their small children nearby who might not want to have boobies exposed them. We keep the technical forums SFW for those reasons.

Back to the labels . . .

Love the label, uncluttered and to the point. Wondering about it only being bottled yesterday, and already feel its the best ever. Uncarbed sample?

Yep, uncarbed taste test our of the hydro cylinder, but I don't think I've been this excited about a brew to date.

Long story short, my 1st brew blew up in a spare room. I didn't know any better and was using a 5 gallon carboy as a primary with high gravity brew.
The fermentation plugged up the airlock and finally blew it across the room.
Trub was EVERYWHERE--on the walls, door, ceiling and floor. I didn't have anything underneath and I lost about 2 gallons in the carpet!
Thankfully, there was a soldier in the room!!
There was a stuffed clown tossed in the spare room which blocked the trub from hitting my girlfriend's wardrobe.
He took it like a soldier jumping on a grenade!

I quickly rinsed him off and tossed him on the bathroom floor before rushing off to work. Here he is:

0205130741_zpscfba641b.jpg

Of course, it didn't take long for my friends to start making fun of me.
About 4 hours later, my inbox lit up with a sketch a friend drew for me. Thought it would make a wonderful label!

dcb_zps02e6a901.jpg

Enjoy!

Well, I've been procrastinating to finish this label, but it needed to be done and this thread kinda inspired me to finish it.

I brewed this beer just this past weekend - inspired by "Special B Malt" and it's "raisin-like" character, so I decided to attempt a chocolate-covered raisin beer, and of course thought of the California Raisins!

Hope you guys like it.

ANgYwSUl.jpg

PS I just noticed the typo in "Chcolate" at the top - that's been fixed.

Long story short, my 1st brew blew up in a spare room. I didn't know any better and was using a 5 gallon carboy as a primary with high gravity brew.
The fermentation plugged up the airlock and finally blew it across the room.
Trub was EVERYWHERE--on the walls, door, ceiling and floor. I didn't have anything underneath and I lost about 2 gallons in the carpet!

I just had the same sort of thing happen, but no explosion...I caught it in time. I had an old hoodie over my carboy, and when I came home from work to check it, the hoodie was soaked and the airlock was spewing foam. I switched to a blowoff tube and replaced the hoodie, just glad I caught it before it clogged on me :ban:

Back