Southeast Nebraska Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely be down for this next time around. I would most likely get 4 or 5 bags.

I would definitely be down for this next time around. I would most likely get 4 or 5 bags.

The Omaha homebrewers will have one in October and post it here. I may do one again shortly thereafter, but 200lbs. should last me a while, I hope.

I would say the 250 pounds I ordered should last me a while. However; the truth is that it will probably cause me to brew like a mad man and I'll have 100 gallons of beer sitting around the house within a couple months. My only limitation will be the number of fermenters I have!

I would say the 250 pounds I ordered should last me a while. However; the truth is that it will probably cause me to brew like a mad man and I'll have 100 gallons of beer sitting around the house within a couple months. My only limitation will be the number of fermenters I have!

For me, it will be kegs. I have 4 Co2 regulators, too...just only have 3 ball-locks. I gotta stop spending money on this brewery, but I wouldn't turn down some craigslist kegs for $20...I also have a freezer full of hops, so maybe it's time to make a RIS.

FYI, the order is being placed today and we should have grain by end of next week or so!!!

Sounds awesome. I'm getting low on yeast otherwise I will be set to make 50+ Gallons this fall/winter!

Sounds awesome. I'm getting low on yeast otherwise I will be set to make 50+ Gallons this fall/winter!

Do you harvest your yeast? I haven't bought chico in 6 months. I'm due though. I think my strain is mildly infected.

I'm hearing rumors we could have this grain by Monday...confirming it's this coming Monday and not the following...

Grain coming THIS Monday!!

Please make tentative arrangements with me to pick up at my place of employment, off 48th and Superior. 8AM, the 12 o'clock hour or 5PM are my best weekday availabilities, but the following Saturday I could be there, too.

Understand that I'd love to just be available any time of any day, but I might piss off my boss if I'm never at my desk, you know, working.

I do harvest yeast but I'm not terribly good at it. I only save one generation because I'm scared that the second or third would be contaminated. I also have a freezer full of hops, in my kegorater!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one teetering on the brink of the allowable home brew "legal yearly limits!"
;)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one teetering on the brink of the allowable home brew "legal yearly limits!"
;)

There's limits? :drunk:

100g. long surpassed this year. Of course, it's not all sitting in my basement. Most of it has been "cycled" through already... :cross:

"The current federal limit on homebrewing beer is 100 gallons for a single adult, or 200 gallons for a household with two or more adults. Adult here is defined as 21 years of age or older."

I brew on average one 5 gallon batch per week which puts me at 260 gallons. I think I'm just a tad bit over!

"The current federal limit on homebrewing beer is 100 gallons for a single adult, or 200 gallons for a household with two or more adults.

I KNEW there was a good reason I was married! :cross:

OK, I DO love my wife for other reasons.

Did you get in on the big buy that just happened with Kent Porter in Omaha? I'm talking like hundreds of grain bags plus other items, hops, adjuncts, etc. I got a half bag of C40 because due to our buy I didn't need anything else but those prices were even cheaper than ours! Of course, when you order in those quantities...

I'm sure we'll be ready to do another one soon. Maybe at or just after the Holidays?

I didn't get in on that one, but probably should have. I'll stay posted here for the next one.

Missed that group buy...definitely needing to get in on the next.
Please keep me posted.
Thanks,
Keith

I'm thinking right after the holidays I'll be ready. I'm too busy to brew much with everything going on for Holidays, travel, etc. Plus I still have probably 100# of grain left. We'll look at doing one right after the first of the year, OK?

Bump! I'm also getting low. I'm sure it was a ton of work to set up last time but if you're up for it again Tre I will go for three bags.

My heart says yes, but my lack of free space in my basement says, "Use up some of the 100# of malt you're sitting on first, and we'll talk." :(

Maybe just a bag of MO. :fro: And I suppose I could split a bag of specialty too, if anyone's in the mood. Maybe Munich? Flexible. Will consider anything in the range of sweeter/darker specialties that can still be used as a base. What can I say, it's an addiction. Need me mah graiiiiins.

I could use some domestic 2-row, and would be willing to split munich with you Chriso or anyone else. Might as well get another bag MO or Pils if this happens.

Back