BierMunchers Rolling Kegerator (BYO Published)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while in horrible shape now, (notice the tap handle is rotted from sitting in the woods for the past 8-10 years, lol ) i made this at least 15 years ago. It was for 1/2 barrels and worked great. we would drape a curtain around it and there was a Corian countertop a friend of mine made that sat right on top we would use for liquor bottles, cups, etc. The nylon drums are really thick and actually hold ice pretty well, probably twice as long as the grey industrial garbage cans we used to use. . I haven't tried but you should be able to get 3 ball locks in there.

Patrick

very nice!

Way ahead of you.

Walmart... $1.00
View attachment 6123

I plan on loosely lining the interior walls with 1 1/2 stiff foam board for insulation...just using some two-sided tape to hold the foam board against the walls.

Then I'll line the interior with a 55 gallon, construction grade plastic bag....maybe two.

Then finally, I'll cut another piece of foam board the shape of the opening and lay it inside to insulate the top...then on goes the lid.

This should keep the interior cold enough that just a 1/3 to 1/2 fill with ice will keep everything cold...including the lines.

This thing will be parked in the shade for an evening event...so it should be pretty efficient.

BM,
I know it's been quite some time but I'm having a rough time finding a valve like this. Do you remember what section in Walmart you found it?

Here's my version. Not quite done, but you get the idea. I plan on just siphoning out water.

Trash can, insulation, oak, and aluminum tape was right around $50 out the door at the depot.

134627_440775269313078_1858414369_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys remember where you found the gas splitter? I can only find one that has three nipples cant find the fourth?

ODG.... I think I have fallen in lust with this... Sorry but I need to clean up my drool. I do weekend events for a sport called Dagorhir and this would be wicked awesome for the friday and saturday night dinner party.

Caveat: I know this thread has been going on for years. :D Just wondering if anyone knows where a similar CO2 setup can be had these days?

Just about any place that does CO2 setups has the components you'll need. I'd suggest KegConnection. I got a bunch of stuff through them a while back and its all great. Depending on what you've already got they've got some complete kits with CO2/faucets/etc, otherwise you can pretty easily piece together a regulator, tank, distributor, and hosing for the gas side.

Just about any place that does CO2 setups has the components you'll need. I'd suggest KegConnection. I got a bunch of stuff through them a while back and its all great. Depending on what you've already got they've got some complete kits with CO2/faucets/etc, otherwise you can pretty easily piece together a regulator, tank, distributor, and hosing for the gas side.

Yeah. I was thinking something like the OP has, not a regular 5# CO2 tank and regulator. :) I'll look at Home Depot, Ace, etc if I can ever remember to stop by there. :)

Knock Knock. It's a build from the future...

Had to dig this up since it inspired me to build my own. The main reason that I made this is was to reduce the price of having the ability to pour at outdoor functions. This came to about $160 as opposed to a DIY jockey box of > $250 or so.

I used a 50Gal Rubbermaid RoughNeck Trash Bin
2 economy shanks from BrewHardware.com
2 Chrome faucets from Homebrewing.org
6 panels of styrofoam insulation from HD
1 can (could use more) Great Stuff
Contractor Trash Bags
Duct Tape

I will be installing a wooden backing/front plate for extra shank support.

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

Was inspired by many of the builds on here, so thanks BierMuncher & crew! Still have a few odds/ends to take care of, but it's mostly done. I assume the C02 tank won't mind the ice-water bath? Not sure how well a mount screwed to the trascan "liner" will hold up.

123no0p.png

3c5ew.jpg

2w3t2q0.jpg

macda8.jpg

2gyaa0w.jpg

I know this thread has been dead a while but does anyone have a source for the all in one kit that gives you a paintball tank, some hoses and a regulator?
It is like for 6 months 10 years or so ago they were everywhere and now they don't exist.
That usually implies that somthing didn't work but not always.
Anyhow, is there any way to score this set up with out putting it together yourself?
I ask becase these all in one set ups would up being much cheaper than buying all the parts separately.

Latest posts

Back