Hey Floridians...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durk

Reaction score
Im gonna be heading to West Palm Beach for vacation. Any Suggestions on places to check out? I usually go to Brewzi's down at city place. I like the outside bar there and get to watch the rich folks shopping at all the high end stores there. Are there any other good craft beer spots or bottle shops in the area? The farthest I will probably go north is Jupiter and will probably make it down to Ft. Lauderdale at some point. LEt me know. Thanks.

World of Beer is off the charts. They have like 250 beers there or something like that, 100 of those being on draft. It's epic. They're building another one out west of me in Wellington, which is the one i will be frequenting since i'm not a fan of the downtown parking/traffic.

awesome. we usually hit clematis street a couple times. will def be checking world of beers out! we are usually on vacation for halloween and we go there for that insane festival thing they do. they shut the whole road down and its just one big party. the best part is that most of the women wear costumes that consist of their lingerie and stockings. :) unfortunately the wife wants to be home for halloween this year so we will miss it.

Be sure to try some Cigar City beers while you're here. They're really, really good, and you can't get them out of state.

Will you be able to drive?

In Jupiter (20-30 min north of WPB) is a little brewery called Tequesta Brewing Co. They have an awesome bar/tasting room, and the entire setup is right next to the bar in plain sight from your seat. The owner is usually in there brewing too. He was a home brewer that went pro not that long ago.

About the same distance from WPB, but south in Boca is a place called Funky Buddah Lounge that is a little brew-pub/live music venue. They make some interesting, and highly reviewed beers including a Maple Bacon Coffe Porter and a PB&J inspired beer called No Crusts.

WOB is cool..but meh. Maybe I'm partial cause there are 3 in the Orlando area and I'm tired of them. Either of these 2 places would be worth the drive.

thanks for the suggestions. the funky buddah sounds interesting. hows their food? if they have good food i could probably talk the wife into going. (and hopefully drive home :) ) i wont be able to really drink much while we are out and about. this will be our first "family" vacation. taking our 11 month on his first trip. im excited about WOB tho because we go to city place all the time and it looks like they sell bottles. i can pick up some stuff and try it back at the house. :)

thanks for the suggestions. the funky buddah sounds interesting. hows their food? if they have good food i could probably talk the wife into going. (and hopefully drive home :) ) i wont be able to really drink much while we are out and about. this will be our first "family" vacation. taking our 11 month on his first trip. im excited about WOB tho because we go to city place all the time and it looks like they sell bottles. i can pick up some stuff and try it back at the house. :)

If you're looking to pick up bottles to bring back skip world of beer and go to Total Wine. It's a giant mega liquor store with litterally a thousand beers and they let you do mix a 6 pack (they have an entire aisle set aside for single bottles/bombers). They range from 1.25 to $10+ depending on bottle, if you buy singles from World of Beer expect to pay bar price of 3 all the way up to $25 for a bomber of Duvel (my cousin really wanted the Duvel).

edit
Crap just check and looks like the closest one to you is in Boynton. (Probably 25 minutes from city place) but there is one in Boca Raton if you head to the Funky Bhudda or Mellow Mushroom.

Yeah, I'd say Tequesta Brewing Co.(near Jupiter), BX Beer Depot(Friday nights 7pm-11pm), Big Bear Brewing Co, The Funky Buddha, and Coffee District(Delray Beach, downtown) in that order.

To note, I basically despise World Of Beer. They get some special beers in, but it's way too crowded and lacks the customer service feel I look for in a good beer spot. Support the other guys I listed as they're more local than WOB.

Enjoy your trip, though, and YES you should drink as much Cigar City Brewing's beer as you can stand while you're here. Do it. :) :ban:

P.S. - There's a Total Wine in Palm Beach Gardens off of PGA Blvd as well, and they're right near downtown Palm Beach Gardens, which might be another spot the wife would like, and approve of. Lots of dining near there as well.

To note, I basically despise World Of Beer. They get some special beers in, but it's way too crowded and lacks the customer service feel I look for in a good beer spot. Support the other guys I listed as they're more local than WOB.

The good thing about WOB is they have a good amount of pull and can get some pretty good beers in for special events. It's thanks to them I was able to get some Hopsplam. But I do agree it is way way way over crowded at times, during the early evening/weeknights it's nice to sit on the patio when it gets a little cooler like in December. Another awesome thing is what ever restaurant is around will generally deliver food out to you on the weekend nights. Like for instance the Coconut Creek one. You can choose subs, burgers, tex mex, sushi, thai or even salad creations if you're feeling green.

Other than that I would go to the rest first if you can. Much better atmosphere.

The good thing about WOB is they have a good amount of pull and can get some pretty good beers in for special events. It's thanks to them I was able to get some Hopsplam. But I do agree it is way way way over crowded at times, during the early evening/weeknights it's nice to sit on the patio when it gets a little cooler like in December. Another awesome thing is what ever restaurant is around will generally deliver food out to you on the weekend nights. Like for instance the Coconut Creek one. You can choose subs, burgers, tex mex, sushi, thai or even salad creations if you're feeling green.

Other than that I would go to the rest first if you can. Much better atmosphere.

I hear you, and the one in Coconut Creek DOES get some good stuff, but the one he's near, West Palm, basically sucks all the time. I can get better selection just about anywhere else most, if not all, of the time. And a lot of the beer at WOB WPB on tap is stale. It's a list of things including service and makes me just stay away. BX is my main spot, but Tequesta Brewing is closer and still pretty awesome.

thanks guys. we head out in the morning. wish me luck flying with my baby for the first time. lol. he is really good most the time so im not too worried but you never know.

+1 on Tequesta. Tried all seven of their brews. I like the belgian pumpkin the best. They also had three guest brews on tap.

Back