Take my beer to a wedding?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My BIL is getting married this weekend and I have thought briefly about taking a keg of my beer down there. They are having kegs, but I'm guessing it's going to be the usual...

Anyway, I have a Wit that is "ok", but not sure if they would like a real Wit compared to the american wit style wheat beers like Blue Moon and Oberon. And I have a saison that is not as dry as it should be and has those funky flavors that might throw them off. After a problem with the QD, it's just now getting carbed and has no head.

(If I didn't have my head up my butt I could have planned on a nice blonde or pale ale or something, but I just never thought about brewing for the event.

So do I serve something that is maybe too funky for them to appreciate, or just go down with a cooler of my beer in case they don't serve anything good?

Why not just ask him?

As a caveat if they are doing your standard commercial kegs and you use cornies, you won't be able to hook up a corny to that system....

I would bring the cornies and gas and trash can to put it in with a picnic tap.

It's at my MIL's house!! I better ask him what he plans to do for checking age. I don't want to bring my HB down there and then they get busted for serving...

They live way outside of town, so there should be no problem, but they will be having music and dancing and beer.

I took 2 3-gallon kegs of mine to my own wedding 10 years ago. Hired bartender served from behind the bar to anyone who asked. I made sure enough people knew to spread the word.

Dave

Not much I can say as to which to bring.. but at my wedding, I brought 4x 5g kegs of beer, 1x keg of apfelwein, and my buddy brought 2 more 5g kegs. I also had 2x 30 packs of bud light.

At the end of the night, there was half a 30 pack of bud light and 1/4 keg of double chocolate stout. Everything else was gone. We believe we had:

pale ale
blonde
amber
irish red
stout
summer ale
apfelwein

+1 to just asking. Usually people don't say no if you volunteer to bring beer. If they have other kegs then just make sure there is an extra trash can. That and make sure to bring the gas/picnic tap.

Earlier this year I went to a wedding with homebrew and the best man built a jockey box that morning. Worked great and a little easier to move around than a keg/trash can.

I took my newly completed keezer to my daughter's rehearsal dinner, with taps of Edwort's robust porter, a Scotch ale, a German wheat, and an American wheat on the four taps. Very little of the Coor's light, or whatever it was, appeared to have been consumed. None of my Cornys kicked, but some were pretty light going out. It was pretty satisfying.

I was asked to bring it. I suppose I did have a little leverage, but I was asked before I even offered. I suspect an offer by you will be accepted, unless they're really militant about their brands, or having only wine, or some such. Asking beforehand does seem prudent. I would be very cautious about surprising a bride.

ANother thought just crossed my mind... What if there is some decent commercial?? And if it doesn't get all drank, I should bring an empty cornie and take the leftover home.

He just texted me back and said they have Labatt's and Bud Light. And I can bring whatever. So I might just see about taking my kegs and see how they do. I taste tested my wit against Celis White last night and it was VERY close. Mine was just a bit more hoppy, which I figured during kegging. Still holding off evaluating the saison until it gets fully carbed. The Wit was not very good until it hit it's carb level.

Back