Goose Island (Chicago)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffman

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Chicago this week. I'm planning on visiting the Goose Island pub nearest downtown for dinner on Thursday, but also would like to catch the Colorado-West Virginia game. For those HBTers who have been, what's my likelihood of seeing ESPN? Maybe a dumb question, but I'd hate to make the trip and miss the game (or miss the pub but see the game).

They have a few TVs in the bar area, including one that is viewable while sitting at the bar. Because the Cubs and Sox are out of it, they will more likely show the Thurdsay night football on ESPN. One thing to be aware of if that the Chicago Beer Society has a gathering there every first Thursday of the month. I have never been to one of those, but it will be while you are here. I don't know how crowded it will be because of that. Also, they have been having pig roasts for a couple of Thursdays recently. I don't know if they have another one planned for this Thursday, but if they do it might get a little crowded. More reasons to go I say. I might even bump into you there.

Thanks, OLB. If you see a guy sitting by himself crying into his beer while the Mountaineers pummel Colorado, that's me.

Back