cant believe this isnt in here yet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
i copy pasted because i was too lazy to type my own.......

There's a show on the Discovery Channel called The Verminators and the focus of the show is the situations that a pest control company encounters in the Los Angeles area. I was watching it last night and they went to an apartment where the tenant had been evicted. The place was nasty with roaches, bedbugs, black widow spiders and even Africanized bees residing out on the deck. The guy that had been evicted was a home brewer apparently as there was a full plastic bucket fermenter on top of the fridge, cases of empty bottles laying around, cases of full bottles in a cabinet and what looked to be another fermenter next to the toilet. The styles coming out of that apartment could be endless. Roachbeir, Black Widow Stout, Bedbug Brown and perhaps Killer Bee honey wheat. Anyhow, did anyone catch the episode? Verminators : Discovery Channel

needless to say i cringed a little.

My line of work makes me have to go into some really disgusting homes. I once went into a house where there was a pile of ground beef sitting on the residents' counter. I noticed the ground beef was moving. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was about 60/40 - ground beef/maggots. The previous comment about can't stop itching reminded me of that story.

Man that is pretty awful. It makes me wonder how a person could even live in those conditions. I think I saw a HomeBrewTalk.com decal on the fridge. Just kidding. He did have all the equipment there, I wonder what his sanitation strategy was!:drunk:
PS I am an auto mechanic and you wouldn't believe how nasty some people's cars are, make that a LOT of people's cars. I keep a can of Lysol at work for the bad ones. I have actually seen roaches living in a car once, an actual "roach coach"!

Latest posts

Back