New Guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7766

Reaction score
I was told this is THE place to talk about homebrew, so I joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a dude from Shoreline, just north of Seattle in Washington State, USA. Although, I've been homebrewing since 2003, I just brewed my first all-grain batch last Saturday.

Favorite styles: IPA's and Stouts.

Hello and welcome. This is a good place to hang out and learn about brewing. How did the first all grain go, what type of brew?

Hey, hey. Welcome to the forum! Get Your Brew On is a buddy of mine and we were able to break in a new 50 qt. mash tun on Saturday which we maxed out with 28.5 lbs of grain for a 10 gallon batch of Imperial IPA. Now we need to build a bigger tun for an Imperial Stout next weekend!

Glad to have you on the board!

What's up Brewtopia? I told ya I'd make my first post. This makes two. Woohoo!

Yeah, we filled that mash tun to the brim.

Nice to see more and more WA state types on here. Will be there in July (Silverdale).

Shoreline! I'm in bothell, just a few clicks south of you! Welcome to the forum!

Is Bothell really South of Shoreline? It seems more East. Anyway, I love driving by Bothell on my way to I-405. I moved here three years ago and didn't know much about the North of Seattle area, but I like it a lot. About how many other Seattle area folk are regulars on here?

Well, where I am in bothell is south of you, I'm closer to woodinville than anything else.

Have you heard of Cascade Brewers Guild? I'm thinking of joining, they have a meeting the first tuesday of every month at Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland, 7pm. I'm going to the next one to check it out.

I haven't really heard anything other than the fact that it exists. What have you heard? It might be interesting to check out. The next meeting is on March 6th?

I'm north of you, in Arlington!
Welcome from a real newbie! I just brewed my first batch Saturday!!!

:mug:
David

Do you guys go to Diamond Knot Brewery?? When I was up there working I went there every night ,awesome place!!!!

Yea, Diamond Knot makes some great beers all in a brewing space of 250 sq. ft.!

They just expanded though and now have a larger offsite production brewery.

Brewiz said:
Do you guys go to Diamond Knot Brewery?? When I was up there working I went there every night ,awesome place!!!!

Awesome place, with awesome beer!!!
In fact, my second batch is going to be a Diamond Knott IPA clone from Homebrew Heaven!!!

davidr2340 said:
Awesome place, with awesome beer!!!
In fact, my second batch is going to be a Diamond Knott IPA clone from Homebrew Heaven!!!

I've made that on etwice before it is a great beer..Now all I need is an AG version of it...:mug:

Back