inconsistent bottle carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd38

Reaction score
Ok almost done with a Belgian Wit, I bottled back in early september. I have been opening some off and on till the second weekend of Oct.(Texas-OU weekend) my familys superbowl divided half and half. That weekend I took a six pack and it was awesome great carbonation and smell and taste, I let my dad have some for his band and they said 2 tasted like vinegar, I am drinking some right now and havent had one of those but I had 2 really good ones and 5 that had really low carbonation, what did I do wrong. Was it bottling or carbing?

Some with vinegar taste could be poor sanitation in some bottles, how do you clean and sanitize? Inconsistent carbonation is most likely time or poorly mixed priming sugar. Did you rack on top of the priming solution? Give it a gentle stir when you were done racking? Read revvys bottling tips, he covers a lot of this.

ok, I have read his post before. When I am done with a bottle I wash it out and set it in one of my kitchen cabinets. When about to bottle I soak bottles in tub of Oxyclean, and then use bottle brush if needed then in sanitizing solution. I thought my cleaning and sanitation was pretty good. I rack on top of priming solution, but did not shake up bottling bucket. Thanks for your quick response

Latest posts

Back