Bulk aging vs bottle aging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
I have a cider that is 2 months old and crystal clear. The only problem is its like drinking jet fuel lay time I tasted it so it needs to age. I need to clear up a carboy cause I'm full on all accounts. I know bulk aging produces a more uniform flavor, and bottles can vary bottle to bottle. I also know temperature change is reduced in later volumes. Are there any negative things that can happen from bottling early if it is fully fermented out?

Any differences would probably be too small to notice. A 2 month old cleared cider is definitely old enough to bottle.

Yeah I was about to bottle and when I took my S.G. It was at 1.006 with an abv of around 14.5% ( off the top of my head), so I guess I'll let it sit for a week more to see if it changes, if not ill hit it with the k-meta and sorbate just to be sure... Cause I sampled a little bit, it's not that hot kinda sweet and cinnamon not gonna back sweeten it as it has a good feel in the mouth and the flavor is very enjoyable

Back