What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to loloMT7 i had an AWESOME pale ale home brew. and now im' drinking a tallgrass ale from a trade we did.

i didn't take a picture of it, but he has one already! haha

129243d1371514469-what-you-drinking-now-forumrunner_20130617_181433.png

and here is one of the Tallgrass.

IMG_20130617_180408_760_zpsa37df8db.jpg

Cuvée de jacobins on tap. Had to try it after all the hype on this thread. Yea, it's pretty darn good!

Edit: hope I don't get slapped for saying this, but it tastes similar to some kombuchas I've had, in a good way.

My HB Double Bastard that tastes nothing like Double Bastard. It almost tastes like a boozy weizenbock strangely enough. Go figure

Right now I am having a Maine Brewing Co. Zoe. Great amber, assertively hoppy, but nice malt balance. I still have yet to have Lunch, though, but I've got a shop that's going to give me a call when they get some in.

Ambers are really hit/miss for me. The good ones are OMFG amazing and the bad ones I'm barely able to choke down. I like seeing recommendations like this.

Thanks again to loloMT7 - Pako's IPA.
SUPER resinous, SUPER danky... tastes like straight up CTZ the whole way through, but really clean, i appreciate this one! if it was sold near me, i'd be buying it again.
Reminds me of a mini lagunitas.
IMG_20130617_194135_037_zps83034de2.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Right now I am having a Maine Brewing Co. Zoe. Great amber, assertively hoppy, but nice malt balance. I still have yet to have Lunch, though, but I've got a shop that's going to give me a call when they get some in.

At my packie MBC stuff sits around for a while, except Lunch. You have to be there the day it comes in. I am still sitting on a bottle of Mean Old Tom bottled 09/2011. Might open it in September for its 2nd birthday

Sweetwater IPA. It's pretty good. Headed to the store tomorrow to pick up some Lagunitas IPA, and some stuff from Blackstone. I plan on taking 2 cases home for "research purposes" :drunk: I think I'll have another one when I'm through with the one I'm drinking now...

Rivenin said:
Thanks again to loloMT7 - Pako's IPA.
SUPER resinous, SUPER danky... tastes like straight up CTZ the whole way through, but really clean, i appreciate this one! if it was sold near me, i'd be buying it again.
Reminds me of a mini lagunitas.

Glad to see more people are getting exposed to Pakos! I'd be down to trade some with anyone who wants to try it. Can't get much here in Wyoming, but Pakos is totally awesome and literally everywhere.

Glad to see more people are getting exposed to Pakos! I'd be down to trade some with anyone who wants to try it. Can't get much here in Wyoming, but Pakos is totally awesome and literally everywhere.

I will eventually take you up on that. I have two other trades to do but I really wanna try Pakos
Edit: Im in Michigan and can get a lot of really good stuff.

Swmbo just broke out her bottle of Absolut Cilantro Lime Vodka and made Bloody Marys, goood sh*t. Heading back to New Holland tomorrow so either I will take it easy after this or Im waking up drinking from the start. Im thinking the latter :tank:

ForumRunner_20130617_234446.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
I will eventually take you up on that. I have two other trades to do but I really wanna try Pakos
Edit: Im in Michigan and can get a lot of really good stuff.

Sounds good to me.

had these last night at little apple brewery in manhattan! never had a bad beer here, everything is excellent! the first one is a black and tan, pale ale on the bottom and their sod house porter on top. the second one is just the last of my sod house porter

2013-06-17 18.49.16.jpg

2013-06-17 19.10.46.jpg

Rivenin said:
Ninkasi never fails to please a new comer to it's loveliness :)

+1 and what's cool is how humble the brewers are about it. I went to a beer fear a couple months back, and there were about 30 different breweries in their booths. Some had the actual brewers there.

Anyway, I went to the ninkasi booth and was telling them how much I love their beers, all of them. And the brewer was telling me all about forming the recipes and such. Pretty cool to see him so surprised that I liked them that much

Oh. And im drinking coffee

Water. Company frowns upon alcoholic beverages in chemical plants (and so does the Coast Guard).

Back