So what exactly is your glassware of choice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i usually use a 14 oz mug also, since it allows me to switch between types on tap without them getting warm or me getting tired of 1 flavor

Usually a pilsner glass and sometimes a mug. Here lately though my vessel of choice has been a narrow mouth mason jar. Old school dawg!

Not many beers that aren't better out of a snifter. The founders one is real nice, too bad I only have two.

I usually roll with a wide tulip or snifter, but I'm growing a rather large collection of all shapes and sizes. I usually grab at least one new one a week at work (wine/beer shop)! Draak tulip tonight lol.

These hold 500ml (In American thats 16.9oz) plus space for head.
Weis.jpg

MYBeer.jpg

Personally, I love drinking a beer from a glass with the name of the brewery on it. I have several glasses related to local breweries. When I drink a homebrew, I drink it either from an incredibly unique beer mug my brother-in-law brought me from Budapest, or from a pint glass from Ikea. I'm not big on sharing, so guests get the Ikea glasses.

My girlfriend is in art school and makes pottery and blows glass. So we have a collection of cool and funky ceramic and glass mugs and glasses!

I almost always drink out of a tulip now. I feel like everything is better; aroma, fit to the mouth, and pour into the mouth. On occasion, for a big beer I'll drink out of a snifter. Prior to that, I used to drink out of pint glasses all of the time.

I've never liked drinking out of anything that was tall, like the 23oz glasses, because the beer had too far to travel, and ended up picking up way too much speed on the way to my mouth. I never cared for mugs either because the glass just felt way too thick.

Mostly I just drink out of the shaker pint glasses that I get doing brewery tours or that people give to me. My favorite thought, is my Imperial Pint glass I got at Short's when I was back home a few years ago. I wish more breweries did the Imperial Pint, the aromas are so much better than when you use the regular shaker pint glass.

Shots-Merch-0931.jpg

I brought back some nice half liter and liter mugs from Germany. That's pretty much all I use. I seems to have a glass for every style I like.

Standard bar pint glasses

My theory is that most times I am out and have a beer then that is how it will be served to me so I will always know what I am comparing to both at home and out on the town.

All depends on what I feel like drinking. Typically, I use my pint glasses. But if I'm drinking something that I know I have to decant or something that rather 'heady', I'll use one of the wheat glasses. If however, I really feel like getting from 'here to there' in a hurry, nearly frozen bmc in a frozen mug works every time... hehehe

I like to use my 25oz "big drankin mug". Can fit two twelve oz bottles in it for less trips to the fridge.

I prefer the plain 20 0z. English pint glass with the flair around the top. I'm also using an old 1L mug when I drink bombers so I can get them all in one pour.

I'm a frosty mug kinda guy, but I most always pour a little into a tulip taster glass just so I can really check things out.

I like my Ball fruit (mason) jar with the glass handle. I think it's 14 oz.

I really like mugs. I grew up on them. The handles are good drop prevention enhancements and decent mugs will pretty much bounce of concrete from table height 75% of the time. Not always though, I had to pay for a few.

I have a varity but this is one of my regulars-dont know what style it is exactly,I call it coke style but its not really the same as a coke glass exactly. Then there is the SS tulip pint,snifter, tulip,and standard pint glass, all of these that I use more regularly than the others.

0223022052.jpg

Big fan of the Sam Adams style (not sure if it has a name) glasses, 16 and 22 oz. mega collection of pints from bars and breweries, and keep some mugs in the freezer for when the BMC drinkers are over and insist that beer has to be like 33* to be at its best :rolleyes:

Oh I forgot,

I also like the 1 Liter glass beer boot

Ziggy Ziggy

I use my Stone Russian Imperial Stout snifters more than anything. Also, my Double Bastard glass feels great in my hand.

I'm a frosty mug kinda guy, but I most always pour a little into a tulip taster glass just so I can really check things out.

If you like it, rock it; but drinking a beer in a frosty mug is one of the worst things you can do, beer tasting wise.

Back