Is my temp controller fried?? please help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jphebbie2

Reaction score
I just got my new keezer all wired up with my love TS2 temp controller I took off my old keezer. It is well beyond the set temp and the compressor is still running. The controller does not have the red dot showing that the compressor SHOULD be off.

Even more weird, the compressor stays on when the switched hot wire is unplugged from the temp controller. Where could the compressor be drawing power from with only a neutral attached??

I am baffled by this issue. My last keezer had no issues when I wired up the controller. I have no clue what could be causing this.

Please Help!!!
Thank You,
JP

Sounds like you didn't re-wire the controller, right? And you didn't do any special wiring for the keezer, right? - you're just plugging in the keezer to a relay switched A/C outlet? Do you have a wiring diagram for how you wired the controller? Maybe a stupid question ... are you sure the wire you're connecting and disconnecting for diagnosing is a hot wire? Is the current draw on the new freezer higher than the older one? Compressors don't usually draw more than a couple of amps, but can have pretty high starting currents. I can't imagine that being a problem because the manuals I see for the TSS2 have pretty high capacity relays.

No didnt do anything special but i did figure it out!! Put a screw through the lamp cord I was using to wire in the controller when I was fastening the insulation to the collar which in turn shorted the circuit before the controller. I'm a idiot but it's working now :mug:!!

Back